Get Error 001487: Failed to update the published service with the server-side data location, when publishing Utility Network data

04-06-2020 07:28 PM
JoelMa
by
New Contributor

I have tried many different things but still getting this error whenever I publish some utility network data.  I was just trying out the ESRI sample Sewer Utility Network data (Naperville), followed the instructions to apply asset package, registered as branch versioned, enabled network topology, then tried to publish the map with utility network data from ArcGIS Pro, then got that error.  My environment:

SQL Server Express 2019

ArcGIS Enterprise 10.7.1 (federated server with portal)

ArcGIS Pro 2.5

Weird thing is, I could publish another feature class from the same database just fine!  I even tried publishing the Service Territory feature class within the utility network feature dataset and that was ok too!  So ArcGIS Server can access that database fine, it somehow just doesn't like the utility network data.

The database is registered with ArcGIS Server, and seeing that I'm getting this error, I also created a data store item in Portal based on this: Create a data store item for an existing registered data store—Portal for ArcGIS (10.7 and 10.7.1) |...  BUT, that did not help at all.

I also tried arcpy, created an SD file and attempted to publish it directly in ArcGIS Server Manager - and got the same error!

Error 001487

Feels like this error will haunt me forever... I'm all out of ideas now, any help is much much appreciated!

10 Replies
MikeMillerGIS
Esri Frequent Contributor

If you log into Server Manager, are any errors reported in the server log?

0 Kudos
JoelMa
by
New Contributor

Yes, error messages are like:

ArcGIS Server log messages

Server and publisher are both referencing the same database, so it is weird that it says it couldn't update with server-side data location.  And the fact that I could publish a regular feature class (not from the utility network) from the same database shows that ArcGIS Server can access the data.

0 Kudos
SkipHeise
New Contributor

Hi Micheal,

I have encountered the same error as this person, on ArcGIS Pro 2.5 and server version 10.6.1. Has a workaround for this issue been discovered?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
MikeMillerGIS

Skip,

I would work with Tech Support, there may be an issue with pro 2.5 publishing to a 10.6.1 server. What version of the UN are you trying to publish?

0 Kudos
NaveenRawat
New Contributor II

Hi Michael, 

I am also encountering the same issue. Below are the configuration and UN info:
-SQL Server 2017
-ArcGIS Enterprise 10.6.1
-PRO 2.5.1
-UN Release 3

Is there a workaround for this issue?

0 Kudos
MikeMillerGIS

I believe you need Enterprise 10.7.1 or greater for a version 3 UN. I would suggest updating to 10.8 and make sure to install the patch.

0 Kudos
NaveenRawat
New Contributor II

Thanks Michael, I am currently updating to 10.8, will test it when its done.

0 Kudos
ScottBaum
New Contributor

For reference, I am running into the same issue.  I am using Pro 2.6 publishing to AGS 10.8 with the latest suggested service packs.  I am also using the latest version of the Sewer model.  Has this been resolved or are there any known workarounds?  Thanks for any input you can provide.

0 Kudos
MikeMillerGIS

If you used 2.6 to create a Utility Network, you have a version 4 UN, which is not supported on 10.8. More info here:

https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/help/data/utility-network/utility-network-dataset-administration.htm

0 Kudos