Edit Feature Template to not include Clean-out in lateral lines

05-18-2017 11:29 AM
deleted-user-amp86F9KgPL3
New Contributor III

We are a gas company but water seems to be where all the efforts are focused in the geometric network world so ill use that as an example. When using Add Service at Connection tools from the Gas Utility Network Editor Addin to add in a service line from a selected point it automatically adds a point ( Excess Flow Valve in my case) but would be a clean out in the water/sewer world. I am using the Gas Utility Network Editor to create the laterals from a point. 

2 questions

How can I stop this tool form doing that, in the case the line doesn't have an excess flow valve

How can this be done when manually adding a service with the feature templates construction tools? 

Before

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

After running the Add Services At Connection Tool

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Manually - Want the option to add Tap Tee and Excess flow valve if needed when creating like the tool does

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ClarePrice1
New Contributor III

Hi Travis, 

You can remove the excess flow valve from the service connection template by updating the configuration file of the gas editing tools. The help document shows how to get access to the configuration file, and you will want to search for <PointsAlong> tag and then remove the excess flow valve. Same workflow applies for the construction tools.

Thanks,

Clare

0 Kudos
New Contributor III

So changing the config file will change the construction tool behavior?

0 Kudos
ClarePrice1
New Contributor III

Correct. If you run into any issues, please feel free to let me know.

0 Kudos
New Contributor III

Awesome I found the PointAlong tag and it worked perfectly.... but when doing this manually with the Construction tool and just the line construction tool i just get the service line with no other points like I get when I run the tool. 

When using the Create a line with points construction tool I get a line created but no symbology and with no other points like I get when i run the tool

0 Kudos