CCTV Manager – Option to load videos as attachments to the results

03-10-2020 12:19 PM
Labels (3)
AlexKabak
Esri Contributor

Hi, my name is Alex Kabak with the Utilities Solutions team at Esri. We're working on an enhancement to the CCTV Manager solution. If you are unfamiliar with the solution, it creates spatial data from CCTV sewer inspections.

There has been a request to expose an option to load videos to the inspected mains file attachments as part of our CCTV Manager solution.

To make sure we handle all use cases, how should we find the path to each video name file (in orange below)? The following are some options:

• Specify Media folder (Blue)
  • Use Video Location field (Green)
  • Both Media Folder and Video Location (uncolored)

Please leave your comments below.

Thank you

4 Replies
JoseMartins-EsriPortugal
Esri Contributor

Both Media Folder and Video Location

0 Kudos
JoeBryant1
Occasional Contributor III

If I'm interpreting this correctly, the "Media Folder" would be defining a root location on a server within which all CCTV videos are located, and the use of the "Video Location" field would allow separate CCTV inspection projects to be loaded to the this root location within sub-folders?

If this is the case, then I agree with Jose - define the path using both. I think this would provide the most flexibility to keep the various video projects organized over time on the server. But I'm curious to see what some other experienced CCTV project manager may prefer. For instance, would this make sharing or exporting the feature class with embedded links to the video more difficult on other platforms or web applications (since the full path would not be included in the Video Location field)?

0 Kudos
MelanieChatten
New Contributor II

Hi Alex, I'm just wondering on the status of this as I have been asked to find a way to have multiple staff view CCTV videos but related to existing GIS data. And sounds like your enhancement is what we would need.

Thanks for the update.

0 Kudos
AdelOtman
New Contributor

Hi everybody!

I'm very interested for esri CCTV manager solution tool which uses for sewer inspections, so I'm looking for anyone who knows about it, how to get, training, how much it cost? any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks

Adel

0 Kudos