Barriers ignored in a GP trace when running FIND_CONNECTED

03-09-2018 11:04 AM
KeithWempe
New Contributor II

Using a separate layer outside of the Geometric Network to set barriers for the trace. The trace is a GP model that will eventually be published to server. The trace is a FIND_CONNECTED on a water network. we would typically use valves to stop the trace but are playing around with other options and scenarios. Placed barriers from a FGDB that would isolate an area and set it as Barriers in the "Trace Geometric Network" GP tool. The Trace GP completely ignores them and try's to trace the entire network. Do I not understand how this is supposed to work or am I doing something wrong? I have verified connectivity and our network is solid. What gives?

0 Kudos
12 Replies
NicoleKwan
New Contributor II

Agreed. I have the same issue of barriers not working. I I checked all enabled and using a simple geometric network. I mainly need to add barriers and only using 1 flag at a time, is there a way to just set barriers? although the flags may be close to the barriers at times. 

0 Kudos
ZacharyO
New Contributor III

I had this problem. simple edges, barrier nodes ( not part of geom net) placed on lines were ignored in trace. I tested in another dataset and found that it worked fine...clearly something up with my database. I found that reverting back to a backup database was the trick. I think I corrupted a few things from testing (and failing) a custom script tool.  

0 Kudos
ZacharyO
New Contributor III

Happened to me again after I had made substantial edits to the the lifework so i could not just revert back to a backup. Deleting and recreating the geometric network corrected the issue for me. 

0 Kudos