Apply Asset Package Failed (Error message: in B_Rules table, Terminal name is required for this asset group)

03-11-2022 01:35 AM
Labels (1)
pragyasrivastava
New Contributor III

Hi!!

I am trying to apply a water distribution asset package to a newly staged utility network. I am getting this error message related to B_Rules table. I am unable to find any documentation regarding this error. 

Can someone please help me figure out what is causing this error and how to resolve this issue?

I will greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

Pragya

Tagging @PaulLeBlanc1   @MikeMillerGIS  for better reach. 

pragyasrivastava_0-1646990372540.png

0 Kudos
7 Replies
MikeMillerGIS
Esri Frequent Contributor

Those devices have a terminal configuration, so you either need to specify the appropriate terminal for those records or use * so the rule is created on all terminals.

0 Kudos
pragyasrivastava
New Contributor III

Hi Mike!

Thanks so much for responding!

So just to make sure, this error message points to the TerminalConfiguration (Alias: Terminal Path) field in WaterDevice feature class and a terminal name or *  is required in the mentioned devices in the error message? 

If I got that right, I still am confused as how to fix the issue as the value of those devices are same as other devices that are not highlighted in the error message. the Terminal Path values are set as default for all the devices.

Like, in the below screenshot first device is mentioned in the error message but the 2nd one is notpragyasrivastava_0-1647000455692.png

Please let me know if that's what you meant.

Thanks,

Pragya

0 Kudos
MikeMillerGIS

The data is fine, the issue are the utility network rules, you need to define the rules down to the terminal.  Open the B_rules table, fine those rows and set the appropriate terminal name or *

0 Kudos
pragyasrivastava
New Contributor III

Hi Mike! 

I tried to find B_rules table, I can see only 4 empty standalone tables in the geodatabase.

pragyasrivastava_0-1647243245284.png

Can you please let me know where to access B_rules table from.

Thanks,

Pragya

0 Kudos
MikeMillerGIS

The b_rules is in the Asset Package geodatabase.  You need to open that database in a catalog pane/view.  You need to fix that table.  

0 Kudos
pragyasrivastava
New Contributor III

Thanks for helping me find B_rules table. I did set the terminal names '*' and ran the Apply Asset Package tool again. I didn't get any terminal configuration related error this time. However, tool failed again and I got another error:

It says report a bug and also mentions error related to the server connection. I see all the sde connections working fine though.

pragyasrivastava_0-1647342175193.png

Thanks,

Pragya

0 Kudos
pragyasrivastava
New Contributor III

Hi Mike,

So, I ran the tool again and it worked this time with some warnings and no error. Thanks so much for helping me through this error resolution.

Thanks,

Pragya

0 Kudos