Watershed Delineation using Hec Geo HMS

07-12-2013 08:57 AM
AjayMore
New Contributor
Hello all,
I am trying to delineate watershed using HEC Geo HMS extension in Arc Map and watershed delineated is less than original extent and size of watershed. I loaded a polygon file of my actual watershed to the watershed generated by Geo HMS, but after that I am not getting how to proceed with Geo HMS to create the required data frame.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks very much.

Ajay
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
12 Replies
MattHamilton
Esri Contributor
Hey Ajay,

Have you taken a look at the HEC-GeoHMS User's Manual for your specific version of ArcGIS? By the way, which version are you running? A tad more information and I may be able to help.
0 Kudos
AjayMore
New Contributor
Hello mhamilton,
I am using 10.1. Also I am using Dr. Merwade's tutorial 'Terrain Processing and HMS model development using Geo HMS. I am basically having problems in the 'Note' of this tutorial on page 8. I am attaching below some snaps that might help you understand my problem in depth. If I use the watershed generated by Geo Hms things work fine but I am stuck on how to proceed after I upload my data into ProjectArea_H (as is shows in attacthed Figures)

Thanks a lot.

Ajay[ATTACH=CONFIG]25898[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]25899[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]25900[/ATTACH]
0 Kudos
MattHamilton
Esri Contributor
Hi Ajay,

Check out chapter 7 in the user's manual. Here is a link: http://www.hec.usace.army.mil/software/hec-geohms/documentation/HEC-GeoHMS_Users_Manual_10.1.pdf

Basically, you need to create the project, begin adding project points and this will start your data frame.

Does that help?
0 Kudos
AjayMore
New Contributor
Hi,
I am able to create watershed using the default watershed delineated by Geo HMS, but that is not my extent of the watershed, my extent of watershed is more than that and so I have to upload data into ProjectArea feature class. After loading this data I am not getting how to proceed with Geo HMS.

Thanks

Ajay
0 Kudos
MattHamilton
Esri Contributor
Hey there,

Have you tried submitting your issue directly through the HEC-GeoHMS site? Here is the direct link to do that: http://www.hec.usace.army.mil/software/hec-geohms/bug_report.aspx

I am at a loss. The only suggestion I can think of is more of a meandering in my mind. Maybe the layers that you didn't actually create in GeoHMS need to be amended or something. Like I said, I am at a loss. I'm sorry I couldn't be of any more help.

Would someone else on the forums like to take a crack at this problem?
0 Kudos
AjayMore
New Contributor
Hi Hamilton,
Thanks a lot..may be this will help.

Ajay
0 Kudos
MattHamilton
Esri Contributor
No problem Ajay. The more I think about it, and looking at the tutorial you are using, the more I think I am right you need to amend the data you didn't create in GeoHMS, ie. HydroID.
0 Kudos
AjayMore
New Contributor
Hi,
I used the editor and made Hydro ID of Project area and Project point same, I am not sure if you  are referring to this only.

Thanks

Ajay
0 Kudos
MattHamilton
Esri Contributor
I was... interesting. Yea, I am at a loss.

Any other forumers want to give this problem a shot?
0 Kudos