Trying to batch Depression Evaluation gives empty output but no errors on runtime

01-02-2019 01:19 PM
GarretDuffy1
New Contributor II

Hi,

I am trying to run Depression Evaluation (DE) through Arc Hydro Tools so I can batch through a bunch of DEMs of varying resolutions.

DE runs fine through the ArcHydro toolbar but when I try to run it through Arc Hydro Tools, although it executes without any errors (and much too fast, like 3 seconds) and the required Depression and DepressionDA files are nowhere to be found (i.e not within the desired "Layers" Feature Dataset within the geodatabase).

Again, the command runs fine through the toolbar.

Any suggestions gratefully received!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ChristineDartiguenave
Esri Contributor

Which version of Arc Hydro are you using? I tested the tool on one of my dataset and it worked correctly. What type of input data are you using?

Christine Dartiguenave

Esri Water Resources Team

0 Kudos
GarretDuffy
Occasional Contributor

Hi Christine,

I think I am using the 64 bit version from the 10.5.0.90 folder.  The input data is a stand-alone GRID.  The operation works fine from the Terrain Preprocessing Menu.

Now, when I run it from , I am getting the following error messages:

Executing: DepressionEvaluation DEMs\df_ldem_15 C:\GIS\Working_Folder\kunz_farm_archydro.gdb\Layers\Depression_15mG3 C:\GIS\Working_Folder\kunz_farm_archydro.gdb\Layers\DepressionDA_15mG3
Start Time: Thu Jan 10 08:05:08 2019
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at ESRI.APWR.ApHydro.ArcHydroOp.DepressionEvaluation(ApProgworkMgr& apProgMgr, String configNodeName, ApLayers apLayers, Double zUnitFactor, Int32 debug, ITrackCancel& trackcancel, IGPMessages& messages, String& exMessage) in C:\Builds\HydroSolutions\10.5_ArcHydro\Sources\ArcHydroTools\src\ApHydro\ArcHydroOp.vb:line 58020
Failed to execute (DepressionEvaluation).
Failed at Thu Jan 10 08:05:11 2019 (Elapsed Time: 3.44 seconds)

Executing: DepressionEvaluation DEMs\df_ldem_15 C:\GIS\Working_Folder\kunz_farm_archydro.gdb\Layers\Depression_15mG4 C:\GIS\Working_Folder\kunz_farm_archydro.gdb\Layers\DepressionDA_15mG4
Start Time: Thu Jan 10 08:15:21 2019
System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80004005): Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component.
at ESRI.ArcGIS.Geoprocessing.GPUtilitiesClass.IGPUtilities2_DecodeRasterLayer(IGPValue pValue, IRasterDataset& ppRD)
at ESRI.APWR.ArcHydroGPTools.ApConfigGP.UpdateInputApLayerWithData(ApProgworkMgr& apProgMgr, String configNodeName, String mapElementName, IGPValue gpValue, ApLayer& aplayer, String& exMessage, String& exWarning) in C:\Builds\HydroSolutions\10.5_ArcHydro\Sources\ArcHydroTools\src\ArcHydroGPTools\ApConfigGP.vb:line 2475
Failed to execute (DepressionEvaluation).
Failed at Thu Jan 10 08:15:25 2019 (Elapsed Time: 3.66 seconds)

Thanks,

Garret

0 Kudos
ChristineDartiguenave
Esri Contributor

I could reproduce the issue when runnning in background. Foreground completes successfully. Will take a look.

Christine

GarretDuffy
Occasional Contributor

This was helpful.  I was also able to run the process, but only in the foreground.  I will continue to run in foreground until a fix is made.

Garret

0 Kudos