Stream Definition: any value for Area SqKm resets FAC threshold to the default 1%

04-02-2014 07:20 PM
MalcolmNunn
New Contributor II
Hi

I've run the Basic Dendritic Terrain Processing workflow and noticed an issue with the Stream Definition geoprocessing tool (Arc Hydro 10.2).

Despite setting my FAC parameter to 2000, the output Str has actually defaulted to 1% (~120 000). I have isolated this and tested the tool on its own, and it appears that having the optional parameter Area SqKm set to anything except blank results in this behaviour - I guess something to do with the automatic calculation of the Area SqKm parameter from Number of Cells and vice versa. This is confirmed in the geoprocessing history showing both input parameters as the default 1%, not the values entered (although if run as a model, geoprocessing history will show the inputs as the values specified, but still run it with the default 1%)

In editing the workflow in ModelBuilder, it also seems that if there are values are set in both fields for the tool, upon reopening the tool both parameters are reset to the default 1% FAC and derived Area SqKm. However, if number of cells is specified and Area SqKm is manually set to blank, the correct value will be saved and preserved.

Obvious workaround is to ensure that the Area SqKm is blank and just specify the number of cells. Just wondering if this is a known issue?

Cheers
Mal
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
PeterWilson
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Mal

I can confirm the following. If you downloaded the latest version for ArcGIS 10.2.2 version 10.2.0.96 from the ESRI FTP it has been resolved.

https://community.esri.com/thread/89906

Regards

Peter Wilson