red lines in archydro

12-26-2014 04:25 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

what is the meaning of red lines that appears after running  Denditric terrain processing whit imposed drainage line and wall model?

Capture.PNG

Why red lines remains also whit all deactivated layer in dataframe?

Capture2.PNG

Can someone explain this? thank you!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
MarkBoucher
Occasional Contributor III

I've never seen red lines like this if the process completes as it should. Sometimes Arc Hydro will "leave" some graphic points or lines (not GIS data or layers) if the process doesn't complete correctly for some reason. These can be selected as graphics and deleted.

I would look at the results and make sure the process completed correctly.

I assume by with imposed drainage line and wall you mean you are burning streams and building walls, right?

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks Mark! I get this error in "create drainage line" while running model builder. But I don't know how to solve...:

CreateDrainageLineStructures: -94277 System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80040207): An invalid SQL statement was used. [SELECT * FROM drainageline WHERE Shape_Length < 289,952360305348]

at ESRI.ArcGIS.Geodatabase.IFeatureClass.Search(IQueryFilter filter, Boolean Recycling)

at ESRI.APWR.ApHydro.ArcHydroOp.CreateDrainageLineStructures(ApLayers apLayers, String streamGPValue, Double stepsize, Double startElevation, Boolean bCleanRighAngle, ITrackCancel& trackcancel, IGPMessages& messages, String& exMessage, Int32 debugLevel, Int32 iThreshold, Double nCells4ShortLine, Boolean bUseRasterExtent, List`1 lStructType2Exclude, String& flowsplittablename) in C:\Builds\HydroSolutions\10.2_ArcHydro\Sources\ArcHydroTools\src\ApHydro\ArcHydroOp.vb:line 98170

PeterWilson

Hi Ivan

It seem that ArcGIS is complaining that you have an invalid sql statement. Check to make sure your syntax is correct (i.e. shapefiles\feature classes  and vbscript\python)

Regards

PeterWilson

Hi Ivan

Just a note, the red line seems to be from the path trace tool, which is a graphic representation of the flow path trace.

Regards

MarkBoucher

Ivan,

There are several things I do to reduce the number of errors when using Arc Hydro. A while back I started a thread called "Arc Hydro Problem Solvers". It became a repository for dealing with errors. You can find it at ArcHydro Problem Solvers

Maybe you can find something in there that will address this error.

Best,

Mark

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I resolved my problem using another stream feature extracted from topographic maps of my region. I downloaded about 719 topographic shapefiles and then I extracted  my stream lines, lake polygon, and other features using iterator. Then I used Topo to raster to create my hydrodem.

0 Kudos