Password changed to:  ADSRiver.2014

Christine Dartiguenave
Esri Water Resources Team
Tags (2)
55 Replies
V_StuartFoote
MVP Frequent Contributor
Folks,

Here is a screen capture of a transfer in progress using the Esri provided Globalscape Web Transfer Client Java applet on Firefox

Note that ArcHydro Tools (current 10.2.0.40 for ArcGIS 10.2/10.2.1/10.2.2) has already been downloaded into a local system folder. And that on the MFT server side I've relocated to the 64-bit version's folder and that download is in progress. The highlighted arrows in the center of the panel are used to initiate the downloads from the MFT server. The upload arrow will be ignored as the user account does not have "write" permissions to be able to upload.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]33145[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]33146[/ATTACH]

When using this Java applet, your browser will prompt multiple time to allow (or allow & remember) the applet to run. If you miss one, the transfer screen will not appear. Simply exit the window and connect again to the https://mft.esri.com site (as in the second clip).

You'll be selecting the Private Account Login panel and the ADSRiverHydraulics credentials as in OP. Despite the additional security warnings and acknowledgements, I suggest you use the Java enabled version. Download from the "Simple" version is not obvious and requires that you check box the desired object, and then double click it to start a download/save as action controlled by the web browser.

The Java applet is more functional, if a little slow, I personally prefer a proper sftp client for doing these transfers.

Stuart
0 Kudos
ManuelRazo
New Contributor II
Does the current version of ArcHydro work with 10.2.2?
0 Kudos
AndrewMoffitt
Occasional Contributor III
Does the current version of ArcHydro work with 10.2.2?

I'm guessing so based on Stuart's text above.
Note that ArcHydro Tools (current 10.2.0.40 for ArcGIS 10.2/10.2.1/10.2.2) has already been downloaded into a local system folder.
0 Kudos
V_StuartFoote
MVP Frequent Contributor
Manuel, Andrew

I did an upgrade install to ArcGIS Desktop 10.2.2, including the 64-bit background geoprocessing extension.  And then did a clean install of the 64-bit ArcHydro Tools (ArcHydroTools_x64.msi v10.2.0.40).

A cursory run through the menus and functions showed no issues. So, unless Christine or another from the Water Resources team suggests otherwise--should be OK to use with the Desktop 10.2.2 release.

Stuart
0 Kudos
TerryStaggs
New Contributor II
Terry,

Sorry, no insult intended--just being realistic, you alone seem to have the issue with this community service as provided by Esri.

A half dozen users with transitory issues connecting to the MFT service is hardly a crisis.

Perhaps, but really not much point for you to complain to a project support forum when a simple PM would get you direct answers from Esri.

Suggest that you contact Esri Professional Services - Water Resources Team at archydro@esri.com
Christine Dartiguenave monitors that email address and would likely answer for the team.
Alternatively, you could directly contact Dr. Dean Djokic -- ddjokic@esri.com, it is his team.

Might be worth the effort as despite a functional repository with viable MFT delivery, Esri Professional Services might be willing to make other arrangements to support you and your fellow users at the U.S. Department of the Interior.

Regards,

Stuart

Stuart,
Thank You for that reply and sorry it took me a couple of days to get back to this. I got sidetracked at work, we all probably know how that works. Anyway, Your advice on how to proceed makes much more sense than my repeated complaints on this forum. When I read your post I thought, "D'oh, I should have thought of that."
I (sincerely) appreciate your reply and advice on how to proceed.
Hope you have a great day!
Terry!
0 Kudos
BondHarper
Occasional Contributor II
I can log on to the ftp just fine, but for some reason I don't see ArcHydro. Am I missing something? I thought it used to have its own folder here? [ATTACH=CONFIG]33397[/ATTACH]
0 Kudos
V_StuartFoote
MVP Frequent Contributor
Bond,

You're not imagining things, the ArcHydro folder(s) looks to have dropped off.

Christine?
0 Kudos
PurevsurenNyambuu
New Contributor
Dear Christine,

What is passports for "ArcHydro_WR_Book.zip" and "HH Modeling Support Using ArcGIS.zip" files?

Kind regards,
Purevsuren Nyambuu
0 Kudos
BondHarper
Occasional Contributor II
Thanks Stuart! The ArcHydro folder is back today.
0 Kudos
ketakiagarwal
New Contributor
Hi,

I want to download ArcHydro tools for ArcGIS 10. The aforementioned ftp server has all empty folders, without any download option. Kindly help.
0 Kudos