User login:  ADSRiverHydraulics
Password changed to:  ADSRiver.2014

Christine Dartiguenave
Esri Water Resources Team
Tags (2)
55 Replies
AndrewMoffitt
Occasional Contributor III
Hello. I am trying to download the 10.2 64-bit version of the software with no luck. I've tried the web interface, both Java and non-Java, as well as Filezilla. Tried in Chrome and IE.

Java: tries to connect forever.
Non-Java: I can see the .msi file but how do I download it? If I click on it I get an error: "Duplicate headers received from server"
FileZilla: Host is mft.esri.com, port 22. Current username/ password entered. Tried both ftp and sftp. "Network error, connection timed out."

An ideas?

Thanks,
James

James - Like you I had errors.  I was able to use the:
2. Third party SFTP client
** Download a preconfigured client
https://mft.esri.com/EFTClient/Account/mft.zip **
0 Kudos
V_StuartFoote
MVP Frequent Contributor
Just verified there are no issues with a fresh 'Site' connection using FileZilla. 

Perhaps delete the existing entry in FileZilla site manager and enter the connection details as listed, i.e. mft.esri.com, port 22, "SFTP -- SSH File Transfer Protocol"

DO NOT COPY and PASTE the login and password from your web browser!  Rather, TYPE it in! Or at the least copy it first to Notepad--and remove any extra spaces--and then copy & paste into the User and Password fields of FileZilla.

Stuart
0 Kudos
JamesSimard1
New Contributor III
It must be my company's firewall. Still no luck. Thanks for the reply.

James - Like you I had errors.  I was able to use the:
0 Kudos
MatthewVaughan
New Contributor
Hi - I'm also having trouble signing in. Using FileZilla, and made sure to use the SFTP - FHP protocol:

Response: fzSftp started
Command: open "ADSRiverHydraulics@mft.esri.com" 22
Command: Pass: *************
Error: Disconnected: No supported authentication methods available (server sent: )
Error: Could not connect to server

Should I just try again tomorrow?

Thanks.
0 Kudos
V_StuartFoote
MVP Frequent Contributor
Please try again. It continues to work with the credentials as posted.  Secure transfer site is fully functional.

One recent change has been in the landing directory for the account on the mft server.  All Water Resources content has been moved from 'incoming' into a new directory 'camp' (wef 26 March 2014).

Christine, any insight on this?

Stuart
0 Kudos
MatthewVaughan
New Contributor
Thanks for the reply - I had luck last night using the pre-configured program provided by ESRI.

<<<
>>>
0 Kudos
JamesSimard1
New Contributor III
It turns out it was an issue with our company network security settings. We had to 'open' port #22. Now I'm good to go. Thanks.
0 Kudos
TerryStaggs
New Contributor II
Why all this mumbo jumbo to download the new version? I can simply go to the regular ESRI site and download an older version with a simple link. Why isn't the new version similarly available without all this FTP, Port 22, Filezilla crapola!?
btw, I'm referring to the new version of Arc Hydro that works with ArcGIS 10.2
0 Kudos
V_StuartFoote
MVP Frequent Contributor
Terry,

As you are new to the forums, I'll be gentle.  Esri Professional Services -- Water Resources Group is the keeper of the community developed ArcHydro data models and the various public domain tools required to manipulate the data format. They also host the beta testing and development for the USACE HEC folks and make those resources publicly available.  About a year ago Esri moved the hosting from password protected simple ftp based to more reliable and secure Managed File Transfer (mft) model.

There has never been an effort to maintain current versions of the ArcHydro Tools of the related HEC GeoRAS or HEC GeoHMS from anonymous HTTP URL links.  On occasion it might be announced on a blog or a forum post, but the most reliable delivery has been via the ftp and now the sftp process.

There have been a few hicups of late with the MFT service, with access dropping out and content being misplaced, but it remains the mechanism of choice to maintain access to this public domain software to extend ArcGIS with Hydrologic modeling tools.

The new MFT service requires just a bit more effort on the part of users, but that is what Esri has adopted for hosting the service.  In short -- deal with it!

Stuart
0 Kudos
TerryStaggs
New Contributor II
Stuart,
I have been a user of ESRI GIS since ArcINFO 7.1. I attended my first preconference seminar regarding the development of an ArcHydro data model back in 1998 and have attended Dr. Maidment's GIS in Water Resoures program. Although I am not a regular to this forum, I am far from 'new'. I have posted to ESRI User forum's in the past, but it is not a common or recent need.

I am a federal employee within the Department of the Interior. DOI's network security is fairly restrictive. I can not simply install Filezilla, open port 22 and other tasks on a whim.

Frankly, my big frustration is understanding why the fuss to limit access to this software to begin with. The market is fairly limited and I do not understand any significant need to have such a restriction to access this software. Additionally, considering versions of this software that will work with ArcGIS 10.0 and 10.1 are easily accessible, why is there a hoop to jump through to acquire a version that will run on 10.2? If it is a beta version with possible bugs, ample disclaimers can be given.

So, could someone please answer the basic question, what is the need to have such restrictions to access this software in place to begin with? It makes it considerably more difficult for some of us, who work under restrictive network security configurations, to acquire and use.

Thanks,

Terry!
0 Kudos