Hec-GeoRAS Error messages - help please

02-27-2013 10:04 AM
Labels (1)
CarlTownsend1
New Contributor III
[ATTACH=CONFIG]22224[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]22225[/ATTACH]We've suddenlty run into a brick wall with Hec GeoRAS. it has suddenly stopped working on two machines we have tested (ArcMap 10, SP5, Windows 7, 64 bit.

It used to work, but now we get to the stage where we want to do the Water Surface Generation, and we get these eror messages pop up (see attached) We've tried all the obvious stuff - clearing temp files, reinstalled Hec-GeoRAS, , etc. but nothing helps. It seems to be a failry deep issue but we have no idea what the error messages mean. We thought it may be a permissions issue, but we tried to run as an admin and got the same problem.

Any help would be appreciated. We've emailed the Hec-GeoRAS developers ages ago but not had any response at all.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
V_StuartFoote
MVP Frequent Contributor
Did you verify you have 3D Analyst and Spatial Analyst extension enabled and licensed?

And, pretty helpful if you provide build and source information for your installed ArcHydro, GeoHMS and GeoRAS components.
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: ctownsend16

The only parameter that has changed was that we got a bunch of operating system updates installed in January, So I'd like to hear if anyone else has had the same issue since then.
0 Kudos
V_StuartFoote
MVP Frequent Contributor
Carl,

Have seen nothing posted, so guess its working great for everyone 😉

So, do you have a valid license for 3D Analyst activated? Do you have ANY Shapefile in use?

Also, the current build of HEC GeoRAS for ArcGIS 10.0  is 10.0.0.53 (2012-12-07)  -- what version are you using?

Stuart
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: ctownsend16

So I have fixed this problem. After an exhaustive investigation, I have found that a Microsoft Windows update called KB2736422 is the cause of it all. It is a security update for .NET 3.51 framework that was released in January 2013 - when we started having all the problems with HEC-GeoRAS 10.0 suddenly refusing to work.

You will need to uninstall this update if it is on your computer and you are getting these error messages as detailed above.

Listing this fix here in case anyone else runs into it.
0 Kudos