HEC-GeoRAS Beta for ArcGIS 10.2

01-27-2014 10:41 AM
AmitSinha
New Contributor II
A new HEC-GeoRAS build for ArcGIS 10.2 is available at
https://mft.esri.com/incoming/HECGeoRAS/Setup10.2_Beta/10.2.0.2/

I tested this out using a dataset near Sacramento (Baxter), and all tools checked out fine. I was able to export GeoRAS data, import to RAS, and then import RAS results into HEC-GeoRAS. A few things you should consider:

�?� If you are using a personal geodatabase, make sure that you upgrade it to the current version of ArcGIS 10.2, otherwise you may get a failure while exporting GeoRAS data.
�?� The geodatabase should not contain raster datasets within it even though it is permitted. I have heard of export failure associated with it.
�?� File geodatabase format is recommended, but personal geodatabase should work fine as well.

You can log using the following credential:

https://mft.esri.com/EFTClient/Account/Login.htm
Login: ADSRiverHydraulics
password:  ADSRiver.2013b 

Let me know if have problems installing and running the application.

Amit Sinha
Esri, Inc.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
15 Replies
V_StuartFoote
MVP Frequent Contributor

Bshihwa,

I had no issues moving systems to Desktop 10.2.2  and current HEC GeoRAS builds,

But, you would have fewer issues if you completely remove HEC GeoRAS, along with any other extensions to ArcGIS for Desktop, followed by a  full uninstall of ArcGIS for Desktop, and finally clear your per-user profile and the Windows registry.  E.g. get to a point where there is no Esri product on your system.   And only then start with a clean ArcGIS for Desktop installation.

Stuart

0 Kudos
BishwaMishra
New Contributor

Hi Stuart

Thanks a lot for your prompt response and advice. If I understood correctly, I need to uninstall previous Hec Georas, archydro, hec hms etc first and then after uninstalling arcgis 10.1 I should install fresh arcgis 10.2.2. After that Hec Georas 10.2.0.10 to get rid of issues.

Regards

Bishwa

0 Kudos
V_StuartFoote
MVP Frequent Contributor

Bishwa,

Your HEC RAS, or HEC HMS if installed, can remain.  But the HEC GeoRAS preprocessor (and other Esri ApFramework based utilities, like ArcHydro Tools) will need to be uninstalled prior to the ArcGIS for Desktop install. It will then be replaced with a current build.

Doing it this way (removal of everything ArcGIS related) prevents issues during installation and setup.

Stuart

0 Kudos
BishwaMishra
New Contributor

Thanks a lot!

Regards

Bishwa

Sent from my iPhone

0 Kudos
JessicaNorriss
New Contributor

Hi,

I was wondering if you had any advice for using HEC with 10.3? I am just getting familiar with the software and wanted to incorporate it into my analysis but don't think the installer recognizes my version of 10.3.

Any advice is appreciated!

Best,
Jessie

0 Kudos
JessicaNorriss
New Contributor

Hi,

I was wondering if you had tried this for 10.3 version. I am trying to get started working with HEC, but am not able to download the software with the new version of Arc.

Any suggestions are appreciated!

Best,
Jessie

0 Kudos