Select to view content in your preferred language

GeoRAS 10.1 - Fails to import RAS data

08-27-2013 09:01 AM
Labels (1)
TrondRinde
New Contributor
Hello!

I am using ArcMap 10.1 and HEC-GeoRAS 10.1.

I am having problems using GeoRAS to import HECRAS water levels back into ArcMAP to create maps for inundated areas. When following the procedure in the GeoRAS-tutorial, the step "Import RAS Data" fails and I get this error message:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]27022[/ATTACH]

I have seen some earlier postings on this (and similar) topics, but none that really provides a solution. At the same time I know of several colleagues that have experienced this problem, and not been able to solve it. Instead they have given up, and reinstalled older versions of ArcMap and GeoRAS.

Is there really a flaw in GeoRAS 10.1 such that the import functionality does not work in version 10.1? I believe this is not so, but I would surely appreciate it if someone could advice me on how to overcome this problem.

I have tried using both TINs and DEMs as terrain-files. The error also occurs when using the Baxter example dataset from HEC-GeoRAS download site.

Thank you in advance!

maladuk
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
11 Replies
ROBINWILLIAMS1
New Contributor
I had an import error as well from GeoRAS to RAs using 10.1, but somehow even with errors... it imported the XS data, but not my bridges, inlinestructures or storages areas...

had no bridge and inlinestructure data because of this...  I have successfully used a menu item for cross sections to populate elevations using a DEM in ArcGrid format.

When I try to use this similar process for a bridge and inlinestructure layer, I get this error... -2147220990, The index passed was not within the valid range.

Thus I cannot finish my task. This process is suppose to create a new feature class and populate an attribute table, but this does not happen.

Thanks for your help.

I noticed data in the .sdf file for stoarage areas, but RAS will not import.
0 Kudos
WoderoMathias
New Contributor

how do you recctify the hecgeoras errors when doing importation into arcmap when it returns E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM  component anyone who knows it kindly help me out

0 Kudos