Errors while exporting Background Shape File and Basin Model File in HEC-GeoHMS

11-17-2017 02:00 PM
Labels (1)
BenPoole
New Contributor

Learning ArcGIS and HEC-HMS for the first time in my Hydraulics class. I'm having trouble exporting my background shapefile and basin model file using HEC-GeoHMS. I've completed all of the steps previous to background shape file in the HMS dropdown of GeoHMS. I've attached the errors I got and would love some help on how to solve this!

HEC-GeoHMS Version 10.1
I believe my ArcGIS License is ArcGIS for Desktop Advanced.
Below are the errors I'm receiving:

Background Shape File Error:
>System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80004005): Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component. at ESRI.ArcGIS.Geoprocessing.GeoProcessorClass.Execute(String Name,IVariantArray ipValues,ITrackCancel pTrackCancel) at ESRI.APWR.HECGeoHMS10.ExportShapeFiles.ExportShapeFilesWk (ApLayers apLayers, ?String& exMessage)

Basin Model File Error:

>Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component. Basin file location=E:\Users\BenPoole\Documents\ArcGISWorkingFiles\BAE5‌36\FirebrookNovember‌\Firebrook.basin

https://imgur.com/a/H2Wf2

0 Kudos
1 Reply
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

couldn't help you are using an old arcmap, so this thread....

https://blogs.esri.com/esri/arcgis/2012/11/26/are-you-using-arc-hydro-tools-for-10-1-beta/ 

in the comments suggests....

Caitlin Scopel says:

Try this:
0. make sure your input parameters are properly set.
1. clear the scratchworkspace, typically located at C:\\Users\\[yourusername]\\Documents\\ArcGIS\\
2. clear the contents of the windows temp directory. One can find the temp location by entering: echo %temp% from the cmd prompt or %temp% on the file explorer.
3. open the arcmap doc having the problem and run the tool again. Make sure the input parameters are properly set. This ” Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component” message is a general error message and can be caused by a lot factors, two of which are a)., incorrectly specified input parameters and b), specified output/intermediate dataset location contains a lock.

0 Kudos