Error when using Longest Flow Path tool from ArcHydro for ArcGIS Pro

07-13-2021 09:25 AM
Labels (1)
TDumas
by
New Contributor

Hi, I have downloaded and installed ArcHydro for ArcGIS Pro version 2.7.34, and am using ArcGIS Pro 2.7.2.

Whenever I try to use the Longest Flow Path tool, I get the following error message:

TDumas_0-1626193037107.png

Here is a translation of the error message:

AddingField:, ('line 1808', 'C:\\Program Files\\ArcGIS\\Pro\\Resources\\ArcToolBox\\Scripts\\archydro\\apwrutils.py', 'OSError: "C:\\Projects\\Projects_north\\22984\\Data\\LongestFP" does not exist')
Processing longest flow path on 1 feature from Area10m

('line 119', 'C:\\Program Files\\ArcGIS\\Pro\\Resources\\ArcToolBox\\Scripts\\archydro\\apnextid.py', 'AttributeError: Object\xa0: error in parsing arguments for the Describe command')

, (line 224', 'c:\\program files\\arcgis\\pro\\Resources\\ArcToolbox\\Scripts\\ArcHydro\\longestflowpath.py', "RuntimeError: cannot open 'C:\\Projects\\Projects_north\\22984\\Data\\LongestFP' ")

Failed to execute (longestflowpath).

All of the layers used as parameters are located in my C drive. The path to my data doesn't contain any spaces.

The other tools from Arc Hydro that I used (Flow Direction and Flow Accumulation) worked fine, I seem to only have a problem with the Longest Flow Path tool.

Has anyone experienced a similar problem? Is there anything that can be done to get the Longest Flow Path tool to work?

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ChristineDartiguenave
Esri Contributor

You need to make sure the vector data is stored in a geodatabase. You cannot use shapefile.

Christine Dartiguenave

Esri Water Resources Team

0 Kudos