error in river connectivity in HEC Heo HMS

09-14-2013 01:50 PM
Labels (1)
AjayMore
New Contributor
Hello All,

I am getting error when I check data with HEC Geo HMS for modeling into HEC HMS.
The error log file shows the following error:
Checking project points [VIP points]...
  Checking VIP Point: Outlet1 x=784893.2932, y=4502612.2667
  End of checking point: name=Outlet1 oid=1 - PROBLEM: outlet point does not have right river connectivity.
End of checking project points [VIP points].

If I avoid this error and keep working forward HEC HMS doesn't show any schematic of the model.

I hope some one will reply soon.

Thanks very much.

Sincerely

Ajay
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
ZichuanYe
Esri Contributor
Check to see if the outlet (in this case, outlet1) is overlaying with any river.  Each outlet needs to overlay (intersect) with a river line - at the to_point of the river.

Zichuan Ye
0 Kudos
ketakiagarwal
New Contributor
Edit the project point by using move option and move the outlet point to the intersection point of rivers. This will solve the issue.
0 Kudos
AjayMore
New Contributor
Any other suggestions??  Outlet point for my project is lying exactly on top of river.

Thanks

Ajay
0 Kudos
ketakiagarwal
New Contributor
Any other suggestions??  Outlet point for my project is lying exactly on top of river.

Thanks

Ajay

kindly share the screen shot of your project area. with the outlet area in focus.
0 Kudos
ElinaShah
New Contributor

I have re-checked my model multiple times, but am unable to export the basin model file. While checking HEC-HMS data, I get the following error:

End of checking point: name=Outlet1 oid=1 - PROBLEM: outlet point does not have right river connectivity.

This is the only error I have in the model. I checked the outlet and found that it was exactly on the stream. I do not know how to move the outlet and am unable to find a solution for the error.

While exporting the basin model file I receive the RESULT_FAIL from a call to a COM component.

Please help me!

Outlet_ESRI.JPG

0 Kudos
JeffWalker
New Contributor

I had the same problem.  Use the edit tools to move you outlet and snap it to the very edge of the sub-basin where the river feature intersects the sub-basin layer. Errors related to the outlet point should then be cleared.

0 Kudos