Does the ArcHydro for ArcGIS Pro download actually work for anyone?

Jump to solution
03-28-2016 05:16 PM
BondHarper
Occasional Contributor II

Hi all, I downloaded and installed ArcHydro for ArcGIS Pro from this link: yellow.esri.com - /archydro/archydro/Setup/Pro/ , but none of the tools work and there doesn't seem to be in usage guidance aside from the installation read me file. Was anyone able to get this working? I'm looking to update to 10.4 and until an ArcHydro version is issued for 10.4, I thought the Pro version might provide a nice stop gap.

Thanks!

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BjörnWeeser
New Contributor

I encountered the same issue. It seems, that the path where the ArcHydroPython.pth-file has to be copied to has changed. Using C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Pro\bin\Python\envs\arcgispro-py3\lib\site-packages instead of the proposed C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Pro\bin\Python\Lib\site-packages fixed it for me.

Use print(sys.path) within the python console of ArcGIS Pro to check which path is valid for your installation.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

when you mean they don't work...does that mean they produce errors or none of the tools are available since it has a dependency on other extensions like the spatial analyst extension, which may not be available or enabled.

0 Kudos
BondHarper
Occasional Contributor II

Hi Dan, Thanks for your reply! I double checked and I have spatial analyst enabled. I get a variety of errors:

ERROR 032659 updateParameters Syntax Error: Runtime error

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "C:\Program Files\ArcGIS Pro\ArcHydroPro\Toolboxes\Arc Hydro Tools Pro.tbx#FlowDirection_archydropro.UpdateParameters.py", line 3, in <module>

ImportError: No module named 'apwrutils'

and

ERROR 000816  The tool is not valid.

These show as errors next to my input DEM raster (which is in Esri raster format - same file I've used in ArcHydro in ArcMap).

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

From there readme file

1. Extract the zip file to the location where you want to install ArcHydroPro

2. Edit the file archydropython.pth so that the path points to the location of ArcHydro\Scripts\ArcHydro (e.g. C:\Tools\ArcHydroPro\Scripts\ArcHydro).

3. Copy the edited archydropython.pth to C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Pro\bin\Python\Lib\site-packages.

You might provide details of the above so that others that have installed it can compare notes.  It sounds like the path to apwrutils can't be found which could be the *.pth file issue or that the file doesn't reside where it should

RickFisher
New Contributor II

I'm having the same issue with getting ArcHydro to work in ArcGIS Pro v1.4.  Keep getting the above-mentioned error code 032659.  I've double checked the path in the archydropython.pth and made sure it is in the C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Pro\bin\Python\Lib\site-packages directory.  I've also made sure Spatial Analyst extension is enabled.  Any additional thoughts or tricks I can try?

Thanks,

Rick

0 Kudos
BjörnWeeser
New Contributor

I encountered the same issue. It seems, that the path where the ArcHydroPython.pth-file has to be copied to has changed. Using C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Pro\bin\Python\envs\arcgispro-py3\lib\site-packages instead of the proposed C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Pro\bin\Python\Lib\site-packages fixed it for me.

Use print(sys.path) within the python console of ArcGIS Pro to check which path is valid for your installation.

RickFisher
New Contributor II

Bjorn,

You are the man!  Worked like a charm.  Why didn't ESRI update their Read Me file to reflect the new path?  Would have saved a ton of frustration.  Thanks again for the help.

0 Kudos