Compare or track number of miles edited in feature class

Jump to solution
02-22-2019 07:03 AM
Labels (1)
ManojParanthaman
New Contributor II

Hello All,

I have a hydro feature class which I want to reshape. My question is is there a way to compare the number of miles edited or changed from the old hydro feature class using ArcGIS?

The main purpose of doing this is to understand how many miles have been edited from the existing hydro feature class so that i can work on some statistics.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ChristineDartiguenave
Esri Contributor

You can add a new field to your feature class, lengthkm (double) and calculate the field using Python expression as:

!shape.length@kilometers!

Then right-click the field and use Summary Statistics in Pro or Statistics in ArcMap to get the total length in km.

You will need to do it initially to get the initial value and then recalculate the field when your updates are done (or use a lengtheditedkm field to put the updated length value after your updates).

Christine Dartiguenave

Esri Water Resources Team

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ChristineDartiguenave
Esri Contributor

You can add a new field to your feature class, lengthkm (double) and calculate the field using Python expression as:

!shape.length@kilometers!

Then right-click the field and use Summary Statistics in Pro or Statistics in ArcMap to get the total length in km.

You will need to do it initially to get the initial value and then recalculate the field when your updates are done (or use a lengtheditedkm field to put the updated length value after your updates).

Christine Dartiguenave

Esri Water Resources Team

0 Kudos
ManojParanthaman
New Contributor II

Thanks Christine, I did the same procedure and it worked

0 Kudos