ArcHydro for ArcMap 10.6.1 - tools broken on installation (red X)

Jump to solution
01-24-2022 01:19 PM
Labels (2)
Anne-MarieDubois
New Contributor III

Hi,

I have to install ArcHydro for ArcMap 10.6.1 (it is the version used by my client and I need to test my developped toolboxes for his environment). I had to desinstall ArcMap 10.8.1 and install 10.6.1 (Advanced). Plus, I have installed the patch required for 10.6.1 and I have enabled (therefore have licences) for all 3 analyst extensions (spatial/3D/Network).

I managed to install the ArcHydro extension (.msi) successfully. Unfortunately, half the tools from the toolboxes are unavailable (broken links) and I seriously don't know what  to do...

AnneMarieDubois_0-1643059031533.png

ANY help would be most welcomed!

Thank you to the ESRI community,

Anne-Marie

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anne-MarieDubois
New Contributor III

Hi ZichuanYe,

I didn't get to do your technique but I believe it comes down to the same. I uninstalled everything (via delete/add program from windows) and I also deleted the folder WaterUtils folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\ESRI\WaterUtils) that was still remaining after the removal of the extension. Then I reinstalled ArcHydro and everything worked out fine. There was probably some conflict with the folder left behind.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ZichuanYe
Esri Contributor

You may have some entries in the registry that need to be removed.   Try the followings:

1. uninstall ArcHydroTools 10.6.1

2. download ApRegworkNet40.zip from https://downloads.esri.com/archydro/ApRegwork/

3. unzip the downloaded file using archydro as password.

4. run ESRI.APWR.ApRegWork.exe and search for ArcHydro see below screen capture

you should not see any entries for a clean-uninstall.   otherwise, see image below to remove those entries.   

You may need to run this ESRI.APWR.ApRegWork.exe  again, until search ARCHYDRO in registry returns no entries.   

5.  install ArcHydro 10.6.1 again after this cleaning.    

0 Kudos
Anne-MarieDubois
New Contributor III

Hi ZichuanYe,

I didn't get to do your technique but I believe it comes down to the same. I uninstalled everything (via delete/add program from windows) and I also deleted the folder WaterUtils folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\ESRI\WaterUtils) that was still remaining after the removal of the extension. Then I reinstalled ArcHydro and everything worked out fine. There was probably some conflict with the folder left behind.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
ZichuanYe
Esri Contributor

Great, thanks for the feedback.   

Yes, one of the thing to check to make sure the uninstall did not leave anything behind is by deleting the folder containing the dlls, as sometimes, one of more dll might be in use/locked.

Another place to check is C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\ArcGIS\Desktop10.6\Configuration\CATID folder to see if the ecfg file associated is still there.   the file associated with your archydro gp tool would look like this: {4d63d814-6f17-48ef-b1d7-5d85f830b458}_esri.apwr.archydrogptools.ecfg

0 Kudos