Arc Hydro Terrain Preprocessing Workflows for adjusting Flow Directions in Lakes

09-06-2013 04:02 PM
Labels (1)
TungNg
by
New Contributor III
I have known lakes but unknown stream locations. How could I perform catchment delineation including adjusting Flow Directions in Lakes. In the file "Overview of Arc Hydro terrain preprocessing workflows" (Feb. 2013), I don't see that case.

Thanks for looking!
0 Kudos
2 Replies
ChristineDartiguenave
Esri Contributor
This tool is used only in cases where streams flow through a lake and you want to force all cells within the cells to connect to the streams as quickly as possible. If you do not have streams  in your lake, you do not need to use this tool.
Another case to consider is whether your lake should be considered as a sink - in that case you would have to use the Adjust Flow Direction in Sinks tool so that all cells in the lake flow toward the same sink point.

Christine Dartiguenave
Esri Water Resources Team
TungNg
by
New Contributor III
This tool is used only in cases where streams flow through a lake and you want to force all cells within the cells to connect to the streams as quickly as possible. If you do not have streams  in your lake, you do not need to use this tool.
Another case to consider is whether your lake should be considered as a sink - in that case you would have to use the Adjust Flow Direction in Sinks tool so that all cells in the lake flow toward the same sink point.

Christine Dartiguenave
Esri Water Resources Team

Thanks Christine! I have 2 big lakes that actually have the river flow through. That's why I need the tool
0 Kudos