"Flow Direction with Sinks" is missing

Jump to solution
01-07-2013 11:26 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: rick.scott@state.vt.us

Hi folks,

I'm running ArcMap 10.0 with ArcHydro 2.0.  According to page 35 in the tutorial, there is a "Flow Direction with Sinks" process in the "Terrain Processing" menu, but I don't see it.  There is an "Adjust Flow Direction in Sinks" process, but it's dialog doesn't look anything like the dialog in the tutorial.  I'm not sure how to proceed with the tutorial.

TIA,
Rick Scott
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ChristineDartiguenave
Esri Contributor
We have been modifying some of the tools in the 10 version and Flow Direction with Sinks is one of them. You can still access the old version of the tool in the Arc Hydro Tools toolbox but it has been removed from the menu. The tutorial has not been updated for 10 yet. You can check the attached document that discusses the new workflows for terrain preprocessing with the new tools. Some of the new tools may be accessible from the toolbox only.

Christine Dartiguenave
Esri Water Resources Team

View solution in original post

1 Reply
ChristineDartiguenave
Esri Contributor
We have been modifying some of the tools in the 10 version and Flow Direction with Sinks is one of them. You can still access the old version of the tool in the Arc Hydro Tools toolbox but it has been removed from the menu. The tutorial has not been updated for 10 yet. You can check the attached document that discusses the new workflows for terrain preprocessing with the new tools. Some of the new tools may be accessible from the toolbox only.

Christine Dartiguenave
Esri Water Resources Team