User Conference Detailed Agenda Schedule (No double booking)

03-22-2023 05:03 PM
Labels (1)
RandyKreuziger1
Occasional Contributor

I skipped the previous couple of years but in the past the agenda planner allowed for double booking / scheduling of sessions.  This has always been extremely helpful since sometimes a session isn't expected so you want a second or even third choice preplanned.   I see that double booking is not allowed when trying to add more than one session at the same time. 

Also, you can add the same session to your calendar when there are multiple sessions times. When initially session planning, I like to through the schedule I will add the same session to my schedule when there are multiple session times that way I can decide later which time works best.

Please consider adding back those capabilities back to the Detailed Agenda Schedule before the UC.  I'm sure I'm not the only one who misses that functionality.  Thanks.

8 Replies
JesseCloutier
Esri Community Manager

Thanks for sharing this request and for outlining why that functionality has been valuable to you in the past. I've shared your message forward to our team members who work with the event app so that they'll have the opportunity to review and consider your feedback.

Jesse Cloutier
Community Manager, Engagement & Content
WDFWAdministrator
New Contributor

@JesseE do you have any update from that ESRI team?

0 Kudos
JesseCloutier
Esri Community Manager

Thanks for checking @WDFWAdministrator, and for supporting the original request @ChelseaRozek, @MelissaGayley, @RandyKreuziger1, and @BillFox! The Events App does allow for favoriting additional sessions during the same time block and those will show up in your schedule. Here's a screenshot of an individual schedule with a scheduled session and two favorited sessions. Have a great time at UC next week!

Jesse Cloutier
Community Manager, Engagement & Content
wilcow
by
Occasional Contributor

yes double booking was useful but I've also seen the favorite option and I found it just as useful 

MelissaGayley
New Contributor II

Ah thank you! I had seen the favorites but not where they could be displayed on my schedule. That should help immensely.

BillFox
MVP Frequent Contributor

Yes please, it is a huge time saver to have some alternate sessions planned in case a session is cancelled at the conference.

MelissaGayley
New Contributor II

I also extensively use the multiple-sessions approach for the same reasons. I like to throw everything on the calendar and then figure out the best combination. I always have two or three sessions for each time slot as sometimes things are canceled or what I thought I was most interested in changes from an earlier session. I am going to have to do some terrible excel spreadsheet instead now.

ChelseaRozek
MVP Regular Contributor

Please allow double booking. I agree with everything everyone has already said and would also like to add that I want this so I can see when the "long events" start and end like registration, map gallery, plenary session, etc. are that I may duck in and out of throughout the day in between other sessions.