stuck in redirect loop, unable to register for UC, other people have same issue. C'mon ESRI!!!

Jump to solution
07-12-2021 11:14 AM
RomanKahler1
New Contributor II

Multiple people in my organization are having the same issue, unable to register just keeps putting you back in the same redirect loop. Have already filled out chat support, multiple emails, left a voicemail to our account rep. Looks like many others here are having the same issue and have received no support. Honestly not really surprised here, it's almost expected, but I was really hoping to catch some of the seminars this afternoon.

Any ESRI support reading this, is this on anyones radar or are we out of luck here?

20 Replies
JesseAyers1
New Contributor

I appreciate your reply, but it simply does not work.  I have tried Chrome, Firefox, Edge, and Opera browsers.  I have tried those browsers on both my home and work networks (2 different workstations).  I have tried private mode in browsers.  I have tried my Chromebook.  I have cleared history and cache, but this is all I get: 

JesseAyers1_0-1626118431157.png

0 Kudos
RomanKahler1
New Contributor II

Hi Jamie, 

I am still unable to login. You said via email that my ESRI account was expired.  Do I need a valid ESRI license to attend this free virtual conference? That doesn't seem clear, I thought this was open to everyone that signed up.

How do I watch this afternoon's seminars? This shouldn't be that difficult to figure out, I simply want to attend the event and I'm unable to. 

0 Kudos
JesseAyers1
New Contributor

I eventually got in, but the Python session has been frozen since the beginning.  It is now 18 minutes into it and counting.  I am really surprised at all of the technical difficulties with this given that we have all been living in this virtual Zoom world for 15 months.  Almost no one can see the session.

JesseAyers1_0-1626128250137.png

0 Kudos
SerialInnovator
New Contributor II

Wait, did you somehow get ZOOM, I am in this conference and can't interact with anyone else in the platform as far as other attendees in my sessions which defeats around 90% of the reason for attending an ESRI conference, to meet other people with similar interests.  No chat functions.  So are you in zoom?

0 Kudos
JesseAyers1
New Contributor

No, I was just referring to living in this "zoom world" (the far more common platform).

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks to everyone for sharing your experience and your patience. Here is the latest message from the Esri team:

Thank you for joining us on Day 1! If you missed any sessions due to conflicts or technical difficulties, all workshops will be available for replay starting at 5:00 p.m. PDT. We’ll see you again tomorrow for more great content.
0 Kudos
JesseAyers1
New Contributor

Hi Louise, I really do appreciate your replies here.  The Python session from earlier today is in fact up on the website (https://uc2021.esri.com/live-stream/19775347/ArcGIS-Python-Overview), however, it is just a recording of the live stream, including no video or audio (just like it was live) including all the associated glitches with the livestream.  Can you tell us if we have simply missed out on those parts at this point?  This is extremely disappointing.  Replaying to watch later does absolutely nothing for us if we get the same awful live stream experience after the fact.

0 Kudos
JesseAyers1
New Contributor

The workshops at this point are simply live recordings of the extremely poor and glitchy live stream experience.  Do better ESRI.  And please don't delete my posts also.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Your post was not deleted it was inadvertently classified into our automatic quarantine. I just released it to public for you.

I hope the ArcGIS Python Overview recording is now playing glitch free for you, I just spot checked at various timestamps the link recording you shared and it seems to be working ok so please advise if you're seeing something different and we can report on your behalf. 

JesseAyers1
New Contributor

As of this AM that video is a complete version.  Last night it it froze at 0:36 in, just like the livestream did, and stayed that way for 20 minutes or more.

0 Kudos