Select to view content in your preferred language

GeoNet presence at the 2016 User Conference

03-02-2016 11:35 AM
Labels (1)
TimothyHales
Esri Notable Contributor

The past 2 years we have had a booth at the UC. Last year we had two presentations on getting your questions answered and using GeoNet. There was not an official GeoNet meet up per se although I ran into many of our members at the Developer Meetup. I am planning out this year's UC. What would you like to see in regards to GeoNet and the UC? I can't guarantee I'll be able to fulfill every idea, but I am open to any idea you may have. Thanks!

22 Replies
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

37 pieces of flair...

KimberlyVilimas
New Contributor III

This may have already been suggested, but I think that the point system is a great way to get people to jump the GeoNet community and start experimenting. Maybe there could be a temporary, user-conference specific achievement (or whatever they are called, the little goals which give you points like WiseGuy, etc.) that you can only get during the time of the conference and is something simple for people at the conference to do immediately like, "Put a status update that has User Conference​ in it and automatically get 50 pts" or something. The only reason I suggest this is I am personally obsessed with the points system

0 Kudos
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Kimberly,

I agree that the points system is fun, but adding more point-based things will make us points-obsessed-crazies into more-points-obsessed-crazies.... It's a great suggestion though. I wonder if Timothy has come up with some things for the UC this year (or if he has been too busy with putting out Jive fires....).

Oh, and I'll add to your points craziness (marking your post as 'helpful' )!

KimberlyVilimas
New Contributor III

Adrian,

Yessss thank you for adding to my points craze! I think you're probably right that it's better to keep things balanced

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

There are some Geonet sessions schedule, but I don't think they have been announced officially announced yet, although that might be an oversight.......or may just be preliminary, but since we were told to share with others, I'm sharing....

Monday: Informal Meet & Greet Meet-up

What: Meet & Greet with Chris & Timothy and Esri Community members

When: 4-5pm

Where: Map Gallery (specific location TBD)

Tuesday - Thursday: Formal meet-ups with agenda

When: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday from 12-1pm

Where: SDCC, Room 33A

The detailed agenda was still being worked out, so not including......these are just me passing on info, and not an official announcement...I.e. Subject to change.   

DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Your last sentence reminds me of the qualifications that accompany course outlines

ChrisCatania
Esri Community Team

Thanks for sharing this, Rebecca. I will be posting this info in the UC space today so others members are aware.

Esri Community Strategist
0 Kudos
curtvprice
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Lunch is not a good time, sorry everybody. I have meetings every lunchtime Tue-Thurs!

Where else can we meet you guys at UC?

0 Kudos
TimothyHales
Esri Notable Contributor

I will be at the YPN Welcome Social on Sunday from 5-7pm. We are having an informal meet up on Monday at the Map Gallery from 4-5pm. We will also be attending the Dev Meet up and YPN Social Wednesday evening.

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

I'm glad you will be attending and making your present known at the Dev Meetup. Always is a good crowd of developers and innovators there. It would be good to see more of them involved with Geonet.

Also, get-em while they're young (YPN) and let them know this is a valuable resource and a great way to learn new things (by participating, or just reading thru the posts).  I feel I learn and expand my skill set everyday I'm here, even if just browsing e.g. To see any issues others are having with new software, or how someone else may might be doing what I'm doing, but in a better/different way.  GIS is a constantly moving target it seems...got to keep learning!

are you also going to be on the expo floor anywhere?  And if so, general area?