FAQ – Call for Presentations

10-11-2017 10:40 AM

FAQ – Call for Presentations

1. Where can I submit my abstract?
    1. You can submit for the 2018 User Conference here: http://events.esri.com/conference/allConf/presentations/index.cfm?confcodekey=1&EvtGrpID=383
  2. Why is the abstract portion limited to 500 characters?
    1. This abstract doesn’t only act as the spot to propose your presentation but, if selected, this abstract will also serve as your presentation description on our web and mobile apps. Since these platforms limit our character counts, we ask that you keep this abstract brief.
    2. Should you need more room to justify and explain your project, please do so in the additional questions fields we have added for 2018.
    3. If you still need room, you can provide more information on the last window of the submission page called “Expanded Abstract.” This box holds up to 350
  3. What if I am not sure I can get funding for the conference to attend?
    1. We recommend you submit your abstract anyways as this gives our review team the opportunity to review all submissions and notify who was selected. If you do not submit during the submission period, you will not be able to submit at a later date.
  4. When will I know if I am selected to present at the 2018 User Conference?
    1. Early Spring 2018. On our side, we review each submission, create the sessions and confirm the details before we notify you so you are able to have your date, time and room of your presentation to begin your planning process.
  5. What are some helpful tips to submit a successful submission?
    1. Click the link to the portal and take a look at the submission portal first. Look at the questions and character counts and answer these in a separate word document. It is best to complete your answers and then copy and paste them in the submission to assure you have met the limitations.
    2. Refrain from using all caps on your title or submission.
    3. Submissions are required to be in English only. While the User Conference highlights all our users internationally, the conference is English only.
    4. Be sure to answer all questions fully. Any empty questions will lead to an incomplete submission and may affect your chances of being selected.
Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎10-11-2017 10:40 AM
Updated by:

Contributors