Goodbye and Hello from UC 2022!

07-14-2022 03:33 PM
Labels (1)
JesseCloutier
Esri Community Manager
1 0 578

This is the final day of the showcase at User Conference 2022, and our team has had the best time helping new faces discover the benefits of Esri Community, but also spending time with lots of attendees who’re already active members contributing to and benefitting from this collaborative network of GIS professionals.

Blog_Brianna with Customer.jpgCommunity Manager Brianna Ettley walks attendees through Esri Community

We’ve connected with members like Zack Knezevic (@ZackK), who reflected on the value Esri Community has had for him:

"It helps me get ideas, get inspired on what I want to do, especially in a small department where you do not have a multitude of people .... it helps me get ideas for my own work and bring it back.”

Zack_Blog Image.pngZack Knezevic with his map on annexation over time in the City of Plant City, FL

Or others, like Luiza Fernandez (@LuizaCintra_Fernandes), warmly and succinctly expressed what Community means to developers like her:

"It’s the place where we can find, for GIS people, all the information that we need.”

Luiza_Blog Image.pngLuiza Fernandez stands beside work she collaborated on in the Map Gallery

We’ve even had the opportunity to meet up with several Community MVPs, like Jared Pilbeam (@JaredPilbeam2), who shared with us about how he found Esri Community six years ago:

"I was looking to do automation through Python and that was basically the main reason to go on Esri Community and let me tell you what, that was pretty lifesaving because I didn’t have the opportunity to ask coworkers, so I found a lot of help on Esri Community. Pretty much a life saver."

Jared_Blog Image.pngCommunity MVP Jared Pilbeam poses by event poster

To have the chance to be back in person after three years and to meet face-to-face with so many Community members, well, it’s moving.

And to close the curtains on UC 2022 knowing that a new group of GIS folks have been introduced so that we can all benefit from each other’s experience and perspective … it prompts us to conclude the week with a: “Goodbye,” quickly followed by a very warm: “Hello!”

Waving GIF.gif

About the Author
I'm a Community Manager focused on Engagement & Content here at Esri. My guiding ethos is that community — people coming together around shared purpose, demonstrating collective support, and collaborating in mutually beneficial ways — is the most powerful source for progress in the world. I'm at your service as we make great things happen through GIS.