Esri User Conference Behind-the-Scenes: Food at the Conference

07-03-2018 02:21 PM
CharlottePapp
Occasional Contributor II
2 1 2,094

As the conference continues to grow, so does the demand for quick and close lunch options. In addition to a variety of restaurants in the immediate area, this year we’ve added more choices that are close, quick, and reasonably priced all within minutes from the conference.

At the Convention CenterWoman holding food from a food truck

For a full list of concessions, menus, and hours of operation, please see the attached PDF.

At Nearby Hotels

Inside the Hilton San Diego Bayfront is the Fox Sports Grill and Vela Restaurant. At the Marriott, there is the Marina Kitchen Restaurant & Bar.

Group holding oystersIn San Diego

San Diego has an amazing variety of dining options.  Visit the concierge desk in the convention center, located on the ground floor between Halls B and C. These local experts have wonderful insights on local places to visit and where to eat in San Diego. You can also go to the concierge to learn where you can get discounts with your conference badge.

Check out our Some Places to Eat in San Diego, California story map for more great places to eat.

Tips from the Team:

• Get to the convention center early to orient yourself
  • Wear comfortable shoes
  • Utilize the info booths (both Esri booths and the Convention Center booths)
  • Keep track of how many steps you take each day (you will be surprised!)

For Discussion:

Where do you get great food during the conference or when visiting San Diego?

1 Comment
About the Author
I just graduated from UC Irvine in June. I am working at Esri helping with the User Conference until I leave for the Peace Corps next year.