How to plot the points from an excel or CSV table

Jump to solution
10-26-2020 02:24 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I need to plot multiple lat longs on a map using a spreadsheet or .cvs file. I also would need FIRMettes for up to 100 sites or roads.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AshleighWainwright
New Contributor II

Great, I'm glad that helped  feel free to mark the responses as correct so that future users can find the answer.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
AshleighWainwright
New Contributor II

Hi Kenneth. Have you tried the steps here? Create points from a table—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation 

On the Map tab, in the Layer group, click Add Data 

Add your CSV file (ensuring it has lat and long fields)

In the Contents pane, right-click your CSV file and click Display XY Data

Click ok, and your CSV data should be displayed as a new layer

Alber_Verster
Esri Contributor

Thanks for this.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you for your response. ! I think I have it. At least on Google Maps. Not sure yet about on ArcGIS. Can I add multiple columns next to the lat Long? Say Column 1: Damage Inventory, Column 2: Street Name, Column 4: Lat, Column 5: Long?

Also, How can I populate FEMA FIRMettes maps for these Pins. I have 86 sites for 1 project.

0 Kudos
AshleighWainwright
New Contributor II

Hi Kenneth, yes you can. Your CSV can contain as many attributes as you like, and as long as there are also lat and long fields you can create a spatial layer from this. 

There's a good guide here on collecting FEMA FIRMettes, does that help? 

https://www.fema.gov/media-library-data/1519223606571-24c4843da253d193b7eea2b1a4a12d2f/How_to_Find_Y... 

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Ashleigh,

Yes, this helps a lot. I am learning fast. I plan to use this process for making location and FIRMette maps for site inspection that have multiple sites.

Thanks again for you advise and help.

AshleighWainwright
New Contributor II

Great, I'm glad that helped  feel free to mark the responses as correct so that future users can find the answer.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

OK, I different will.

0 Kudos