How do I Integrate points and Merge the Attribute Table?

07-02-2019 09:36 AM
AlexandreHughes1
New Contributor II

So I have a series of points that I used the integrate tool on to pull them into a single location at 150 feet. Now I have a more simple dispersion of points but the attribute table still has each individual point which makes other processes slower in a large data set. For clarity, I had 400 points before and after the integrate tool but the geographic dispersal of these points has changed--where now each of the 400 points is on top of one another if they were within the aforementioned 150 feet.

What options might I have to now boil down the points that rest on top of one another into a single point?

My thoughts were to use the Calculate Geometry function to fill out the lat/long and then manually delete the duplicates in Excel or something... I was just hoping there was an easier method(s) that I missed in my initial search into this issue.

Thank you so much!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RachelSears
Occasional Contributor II

Using Calculate Geometry to fill lat/lon fields is a good first step! However, there is no need to manually delete anything in Excel. ArcGIS has a tool called Delete Identical that finds identical records based on input value fields, then deletes all but one of the identical records. So, after filling the lat/lon fields you can use those fields as the parameters in the Delete Identical tool to delete your duplicates.

Hope this helps!

AlexandreHughes1
New Contributor II

Thank you so much! I had no idea this even existed and this was exactly what I was looking for!

0 Kudos