TGI5 - Episode 002 - Unlocking the Value of Good Data

03-30-2021 10:16 PM
Labels (1)
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Welcome back to GIS for Telecom in Five Minutes, Episode Two. This is Junjie Ma, and today we talk about data, the foundation of decision making.

Nowadays, I think most people fully understand that Data is Key to Your Organization's Success. Data offers many benefits. One of the most significant is its ability to transform your decision-making processes. Data-driven processes and strategies can save time, money, and other critical resources in your business. Well, I don’t have to talk more about using data is critical in business, but it's the right data that really matters.

In telecom, we have been using data to locate or store asset locations, create better networks around the world, and data can also optimize service and impact the bottom line by analyzing network traffic and call data records in the full cycle.

So in GIS, specifically ArcGIS, integrates all types of data, and of course, geospatial data, like imagery and maps, but also tabular data, unstructured data, real-time data, lidar data, and building models. It brings these together through a set of layers to create a common language of maps and 3D scenes and fundamental layers of features. These can be mashed up and integrated dynamically. The first question is always the same: Where to find these data?

I am going to share some tips and tricks in this episode. And we know you want more, and we will have more follow-up material for you to explore your next data journey.

More Videos to Check out while you are here:

ArcGIS Living Atlas Content & Enrichment Variables for Telecommunications - Link

Advanced Analytics with Data for Telecom - Link

Feel free to reach out at any time if you had any questions or inquiries about our GIS for telecom.

Till the next time, we out.

Solutions Engineer | Esri Telecommunications Team

0 Replies