How do I see the length of a line while drawing in ArcGIS Pro

Jump to solution
10-06-2020 08:08 AM
ScottJohnson2
New Contributor II

In ArcMap, while drawing a line the bottom display would show direction and total length.  Is there a way to show this in Pro?  Thanks in advance.

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SpatialNinja
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Scott, 

Yes, you can. Toggle on the Dynamic Constraints.

Dynamic constraints—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation 

Solutions Engineer | Spatial Ninja  | GIS ️ | Telecommunications

View solution in original post

5 Replies
SpatialNinja
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Scott, 

Yes, you can. Toggle on the Dynamic Constraints.

Dynamic constraints—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation 

Solutions Engineer | Spatial Ninja  | GIS ️ | Telecommunications
ScottJohnson2
New Contributor II

Thanks Patrick.  I have tried using the Dynamic Constraints.  When using this the length resets every time a vertex is put down.  Is there a way to see the total length accumulate after setting multiple vertices?  I feel like I am missing something simple.  Thanks again for your response.

Scott

MaryDuBose
New Contributor III

I have the same question as Scott, I am able to turn on Dynamic Constraints in ArcPro 2.8.2 and it will show me the length of each line segment as I am drawing it, but what I really need is to be able to see the entire length of the line including all segments. This was easy to do in ArcMap, seems like there's got to be some way to do this in Pro, right?

Brian_Wilson
Occasional Contributor III

This answer is incorrect. Is there a correct one? Total length is needed not segment length.

0 Kudos
GrantDickins_OX2
New Contributor III

Hi. When I turn on Dynamic Constraints, even while actively drawing, during or after drawing a graphic line on the map I can not see any length dimensions? Is there meant to be a pop up, a display in the lower status bar? Please advise.

0 Kudos