Communications Utility Network Foundation (Esri)

09-22-2017 09:00 PM
SpatialNinja
Esri Regular Contributor

The Esri team is continuing to refine and improve the data model for comms data management on ArcGIS Utility Network Management. Use this thread to provide input on the requirements of the data model, capabilities of the telecom network, ask questions about the network, access early versions of data models, and stay up to date on the latest news. 

Communications Utility Network Foundation (Story Map)

Communications Utility Network Foundation Workflows (Story Map)

PNI ModelsStatus Last UpdatedSoftware Requirements
Fiber, Coax, Copper, WirelessVersion 1.3 Released November 20223/27/2023Introduction to Communications Utility Network Foundation - Requirements

Join the Discussion Below!

Thanks,

- Esri Telecom Team

telecominfo@esri.com

Solutions Engineer | Spatial Ninja  | GIS ️ | Telecommunications
74 Replies
MikeMillerGIS
Esri Frequent Contributor

You can export the File Geodatabase Utility Network to asset package.

José_JoaquínMuñoz_Villarreal
Esri Contributor

Thank you Mike.

0 Kudos
JoeKilzer
New Contributor II

Can someone post a link where we can download the asset package for the Telco Utility Network?

0 Kudos
SpatialNinja
Esri Regular Contributor

Hey Joe Kilzer‌, the latest (early preview) is attached as a Zip file to this thread. If contains a fGDB utility network which you can export to asset package. Also, at Pro 2.5 you can work with the utility network in a geodatabase for testing. 

0 Kudos
JoeKilzer
New Contributor II

Thanks Patrick Huls  , I see it now! This has been a LONG TIME coming. It's still an "early preview", when are we going to get something that is ready for production? Thanks for all your efforts on this!

0 Kudos
SpatialNinja
Esri Regular Contributor

The plan is to have a supported released version with the Pro 2.6 and Enterprise 10.8.1 release of ArcGIS later this summer. 

0 Kudos
José_JoaquínMuñoz_Villarreal
Esri Contributor

Patrick Huls‌. Have you tested this data on ArcGIS Enterprise 10.7.1 and ArcGIS Pro 2.5? In my case, I have an instance deployed in AWS where I followed the procedure to create a UN on an Enterprise GDB. That is, I have created an asset package and followed the procedure to deploy it in my architecture, however, when creating the services with this data, I always get the same error.I have reported this case to support but my colleagues tell me that since it is unofficial data, they can't do anything about the problem. Does ArcGIS Enterprise 10.8 solve this problem?
Thank you in advance

0 Kudos
MikeMillerGIS

What error are you receiving?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

We receive these errors:
ERROR 001487: Failed to update the published service with the server-side data location.
ERROR 001369: Failed to create the service.

0 Kudos
MikeMillerGIS

You need to use Enterprise 10.8 . There are attribute rules that are not compatible with 10.7.1 I believe

0 Kudos