Telecom of the Future - Optimizing Your NFV/SDN Investment

11-10-2017 09:43 AM
SpatialNinja
Esri Regular Contributor
0 0 379

Migrating to a Software-Defined Networks (SDN) and Network Function Virtualization (NFV) architecture is a forgone conclusion for telecommunications companies. Technology Business Research predicts that investment in SDN and NFV technology will reach $168 billion by 2022. Despite this inevitability, many telecommunications service providers are struggling to determine where to deploy this technology to maximize their return on investment. Learn how location and spatial analysis can assist: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/telecom-future-optimizing-your-nfvsdn-investment-randall-frantz/ 

About the Author
As a solutions engineer for the Telecommunications industry at Esri, I am responsible for understanding the technology needs of the telecom market, helping organizations with their geospatial strategy, and ensuring customer success with GIS. Prior to my work at Esri, I was a GIS Analyst with a consulting firm that worked closely with large utility, construction, and engineering firms on utility and telecom construction projects. There, I designed and built an enterprise wide location platform which incorporated server, desktop, web, and mobile components. Email: phuls@esri.com LinkedIn: Patrick Huls X: @SpatialNinja