T3G Webinar: AGO Org operation issues, tips, & tricks

02-11-2019 05:43 AM
CharlieFitzpatrick
Esri Regular Contributor

T3Gers: PLEASE REPLY BELOW, in prep for Feb T3G Third Thursday Webinar.

• What are your issues with ArcGIS Online Org operation (day-to-day) and management (marking period, quarter, semester, year)?
  • What works well for you in operating your ArcGIS Online Org (i.e. using it in support of instruction) or handling the year-long management processes?

We will set up the Feb webinar to address issues, and will pre-invite some participants to share what they do. (Hopefully about 5 minutes apiece.)

Tags (1)
31 Replies
DominiqueEvans-Bye
New Contributor III

To help me with the end of the year management, I create usernames that end in the year the students graduate. I teach GIS in all my subjects, so I don't want to delete an account prematurely. I haven't used GeoJobe or scripting to clear accounts because I often go through and change ownership of certain maps or apps I want to keep. This is very time consuming, so much that I was only able to get through half of the students from last year. What take so much time is removing licensing and managing items that are delete protected. 

Another big problem I'm having is activating the license for Desktop 10.5.1. It is so easy to do in the Org with Pro, but I need Desktop to run Hazus-MH. 

I look forward to the Thursday presentation.

Best,

Dom

#t3g 2015 alum

0 Kudos
LauraBowden
Esri Contributor

Many thanks to all for the informative comments, and to Michael Wagner, Kathryn Keranen, Michael Camponovo, Allison Hoff and Tom Baker for presenting their inspiring work in yesterday's webinar!

The Webinar recording and resources are now posted in the T3G Webinars folder.

Laura Bowden
0 Kudos