Zoning Data with more than 1 variance

Jump to solution
11-05-2021 02:57 PM
Labels (1)
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi all,

I am in the process of rebuilding our Zoning map, with the intent of it being web facing, so people can click on a parcel and get the assigned Zoning designation and information.

Our Zoning Code has a few zones that have more than one variance/regulation assigned to them.

For instance, R2, has multiple regulations all with different lot widths and depths and set back requirements.

My question is this:

How best to incorporate the data from those multiple regulation Zoning designations into the attribute table, so that all 4 options are shown in the Identify window, or a pop up in the online web map.

I have attached the spreadsheet I am using to populate the new Zoning layer.

I want to avoid having to put See Ordinance in the various set back and dimension columns as this is the way the old version works.

I do have a feeling, some Planning office somewhere has done something similar to what I am thinking of doing, so the question is posed to the brain trust

Thanks in advance for your time and attention

Rick

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
forestknutsen1
MVP Regular Contributor

what about having the variance/regulation in a related table?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
forestknutsen1
MVP Regular Contributor

what about having the variance/regulation in a related table?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have thought about this, but my question then becomes, will the relationship persist when uploaded to AGOL? Either I haven't found a good explanation on this, or I am not using the right search terms.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

We ended up doing that, creating a spreadsheet that had all the values, and uploaded that document to AGOL, and then did a join to the Zoning data.

0 Kudos