Which parcels in a fabric contain line strings?

Jump to solution
08-04-2015 11:41 AM
NateArnold
Occasional Contributor

Is there a way to query which parcels in a fabric contain line strings? 

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
NateArnold
Occasional Contributor

The Land Records Meetup group helped with this one.  There's an attribute on the lines layer (hidden by default in the LGIM fabric symbology) called DensifyType, which the help system sort of cryptically states as "System-managed field used for storage of natural boundaries".  There's no further documentation I can find, but linestrings can be identified by querying on:

[DensifyType] = 3

Then join the lines back to the parcels to figure out which parcels have linestrings.  Easy peasy. 

Hope this helps. 

View solution in original post

5 Replies
SallieVaughn
Occasional Contributor

I'm not sure I fully understand the question. Are you asking about the origin of the annotation? If so, that's stored in the ParcelFabric_Lines feature class as Distance. The Distance is updated automatically as you edit the ParcelFabric_Parcels feature class.

0 Kudos
NateArnold
Occasional Contributor

Hi Sallie:

When working with a parcel, you can see if it has line strings by the contents of the Parcel Details window (Lines tab), but that only works on one parcel at a time.  I'd like a way to query which parcels in a fabric contain line strings in bulk rather than one at a time. 

0 Kudos
SallieVaughn
Occasional Contributor

Now I'm with you. You've got me on this one .  They appear to be a property of a feature and not stored in the attribute table, which is what you likely discovered before posting here. Best of luck -- would love to know the answer.

0 Kudos
NateArnold
Occasional Contributor

The Land Records Meetup group helped with this one.  There's an attribute on the lines layer (hidden by default in the LGIM fabric symbology) called DensifyType, which the help system sort of cryptically states as "System-managed field used for storage of natural boundaries".  There's no further documentation I can find, but linestrings can be identified by querying on:

[DensifyType] = 3

Then join the lines back to the parcels to figure out which parcels have linestrings.  Easy peasy. 

Hope this helps. 

MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for pointing this out.  My organization is moving to the parcel fabric and this query will probably be helpful in the cleanup effort to migrate the data from our current format to the LGIM parcel fabric format.

0 Kudos