What is the process to attach photos to ParksFinder?

Jump to solution
08-29-2014 11:26 AM
BrianO_keefe
Occasional Contributor III

I believe that Bill Chappell‌ has figured this out (please chime in with directions Bill!)...

I am trying to figure out what process is used to attach Photos to my Parks in my ParksFinder app! I've created the Attachment Table (Park__ATTACH & Park__ATTACHREL) in Catalog, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to get photos actually attached!

Any help would be appreciated!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BrianO_keefe

From ScottRawhouser...

The process to attach photos to points was fairly easy. The database you are using has to be 10.1 or better, we are using 10.2. Once you have your feature created in the newer geodatabase, you can enable attachments by right clicking on the feature and choose to enable attachments. When you are in editing mode, you will notice a little paper clip in the attributes window that will allow you to add photos. The comments part is just another table that gets created and added to the map. The fields of the table are FacilityID, Comments, Rank, Submitdt. This table needs to be in the map in order for comments to be added. Let me know if you have any other questions and I hope this information is able to help. Thanks

Perfection on the photos. I just got them working, now to hit the comments and see if his information gives me what I am looking for.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
BillChappell
Occasional Contributor II

Brian,

For questions on the photo attachments Scott.Rawhouser@allentownpa.gov <mailto:Scott.Rawhouser@allentownpa.gov> he assisted with the service creation. I was working on the JavaScript. You also asked about the comments to rules. Basically the Parks department has not yet responded to us.

What we have so far:

http://maps.allentownpa.gov/parksfinder/

http://maps.allentownpa.gov/MyGovernmentServices/

http://maps.allentownpa.gov/viewer/

Bill

Bill Chappell, GISP

Bill.Chappell@allentownpa.gov

Bill@GISTechSolutions.com

BrianO_keefe

From ScottRawhouser...

The process to attach photos to points was fairly easy. The database you are using has to be 10.1 or better, we are using 10.2. Once you have your feature created in the newer geodatabase, you can enable attachments by right clicking on the feature and choose to enable attachments. When you are in editing mode, you will notice a little paper clip in the attributes window that will allow you to add photos. The comments part is just another table that gets created and added to the map. The fields of the table are FacilityID, Comments, Rank, Submitdt. This table needs to be in the map in order for comments to be added. Let me know if you have any other questions and I hope this information is able to help. Thanks

Perfection on the photos. I just got them working, now to hit the comments and see if his information gives me what I am looking for.

0 Kudos