Unable to Submit Your App

03-12-2013 12:34 AM
Labels (1)
PaulGrimes
New Contributor III
Hi Guys,

Getting on great with the template (Local Gov. MapsadnApps) but have a few issues and questions, I'm close to going live except for issue 1) so any help would be hugely appreciated.

1) I have a Global account, added services and apps, created a group and shared these services with the group. The Recent and Gallery all works brill, but on the Submit your App tab I fill out all the required fields and submit and I get an error

POST http://myMachine/MapsAndApps/UploadFile.ashx      200 OK 27ms HTML5.xd.js (line 😎
HeadersPostResponseHTMLCookies
[{'file':'634986737687357612_site.png','name':'634986737687357612_site.png','uploader':'HTML5'}]

POST http://myMachine/MapsAndApps/proxy.ashx?http://w...ring/content/users/GSI_IRL_PUBLIC/addItem?f=json

200 OK   906ms dojo.xd.js (line 14)ParamsHeadersPostResponseJSONCookies

{"error":{"code":403,"messageCode":"GWM_0003","message":"You do not have permissions to access this resource or perform this operation.","details":[]}}

Its like my Global Account that I have in my proxycongfig doesnt have permissions to AddItem at the Arcgis.com level.  The machine is internal at the moment - is is a referrer error or ?

Any ideas please  and thanks....

Paulg
0 Kudos
3 Replies
PaulGrimes
New Contributor III
Hi Guys,

Just to follow on from my last post, the second issue I'm experiencing is with Firefox v19.0.2.  The 'Most Recent' carousel has no click event on it to open the sharing/content popup, this popup only works by clicking the link in the 'Most Popular' section.  This functionality works perfectly in IE and Chrome.

And finally - the RSS feeds only lists 5 items, is it possible for this to be increased by paging ... next etc.?

Thanks in advance

Paulg
0 Kudos
MikeTschudi
Occasional Contributor
Hi Paul,

There are some things that I can suggest; if these aren't enough, then our best approach is to work through Esri Support because they're really good at figuring these things out.

Since you mention the Global Account in the proxy config file, I take it that you're using the version of Maps and Apps that has the checklist.html page.  I wrote the checklist to help diagnose the configuration; because it uses the same code as the app, it behaves the same as the app but provides the specific location where issues are found.  But it does not try to upload anything to the account.  Does the checklist finish?

The Global Account in the proxy config file should be the owner of the gallery and so should have the ability to add items.  An uploaded file is added to the owner's content; from there, the owner can decide to share it with the gallery group.

Thank you for pointing out that Firefox no longer supports the 'click' event on the 'Most Recent' carousel.  I can reproduce it in Firefox 20 as well, but I have not yet determined what has changed.

The RSS feed is provided by the Dojo 1.6.1 dojox.widget.ExpandableFeedPortlet widget.  It's configured to show a maximum of 20 results, but only shows 5 as you pointed out.  I don't see an option to offer paging or scrolling.

Mike
0 Kudos
MikeTschudi
Occasional Contributor
Hi Paul,

The Maps and Apps Gallery has been updated so that the "Most Recent" carousel is once again popping up the detailed view in Firefox. Looks like newer Firefoxes have started modifying the "itemId" tag that the Gallery adds to the large images to store the Gallery item's id, so when the click handler for the large image went to display the detailed view using that itemId, the id had already been trashed and was unusable. The problem was solved by renaming the tag.

Along the way, we also updated the Gallery to the latest Dojo version--1.8.3.

The new version is available now from Esri's github site and will be part of the next release.

Mike
0 Kudos