Trying to convert feet to miles using attribute assistant

Jump to solution
06-25-2021 07:59 AM
Labels (1)
StephenKrupa
New Contributor

Hi guys, I maintain a large dataset of lines (over 100,000). We still use ArcMap because our workflows are still heavily reliant on Attribute Assistant.

Anyway, what I'm trying do should be very simple but I'm getting frustrated because I can't figure it out. Our shape length field is in feet (which is what we want), but we also have a second field for Miles, which we originally ran a mass calculation on to convert the shape length.

Now, I'm trying to configure Attribute Assistant to auto populate the Miles field whenever a new line is created or when spatial adjustments are made to the data. I figure that the "Length" Attribute Assistant Method is the way to go, but it autopopulates to feet and I can't figure out how to convert that to miles. I'm even trying basic division - i.e. shapelength / 5280, but can't seem to figure out how to get that to process in AA. I've spent about two hours searching Google/ESRI message boards to see if anyone has had a similar issue and have come up with nothing. So - if anyone here is has a lot of experience with Attribute Assistant and can point me in the right direction here, I would really appreciate it.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

Can you use the expression method to do your math?

That should just about do it....

View solution in original post

2 Replies
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

Can you use the expression method to do your math?

That should just about do it....
StephenKrupa
New Contributor

this worked!  thanks a bunch, I knew I was missing something simple. 

0 Kudos