street numbers - how to

04-20-2016 05:05 AM
DuarteCarreira
Occasional Contributor II

I'm looking for a way to number points along lines 1,2,3, that restart on each line.

So it's kind of like street numbers - they restart in each street.

I suspect Attribute Assistant can be a solution. Can anyone help?

Thanks.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Well here is the link, which you didn't indicate if you had read Attribute Assistant | ArcGIS Solutions

and here is a recent thread regarding research on how it is being used. If you’re using the Attribute Assistant, we need your help!

or is your question technical regarding the mechanics of doing it?

0 Kudos
DuarteCarreira

Dan, thanks for your reply, but I had already seen those links. What I'm hoping for is a more hands-on help. Yes, a howto kind of answer. The first link is pretty generic info, and the 2nd lists a bunch of config files which will help those who already have a deep understanding of the config mechanics...

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

good luck... maybe someone in the second link could be trolled for ideas if they are in a similar situation

0 Kudos
AbdullahAnter
Occasional Contributor III

You want to join point data between different layers by road ( closest in same road),Am I right?

You want to join one point to one point in other layer, Isn't that?

now, I want to know if all point snap to roads or not? and if there are point in the intersect of two roads or not?

0 Kudos
DuarteCarreira

Well, I'm not sure about the spatial join...

The objective is to number points along a line, from 1,2,3... Then, when a new line starts, number points along this line again with 1,2,3...

Almost all points snap to lines. There are points in the intersect between lines, but I can correct those with an attribute like line_id.

What's your idea?

0 Kudos
DuarteCarreira

Ok, one solution:

1) some how get line_id into the points (create routes, and locate points along routes, or manually with/without attribute assistant)

2) use this Rank Script with line_id and MEAS to order and number your points along the lines:

Ranking field values | ArcPy Café

0 Kudos
AbdullahAnter
Occasional Contributor III

Still not solve???

I can build model builder to rank points along street and send it for you, if your problem haven't solved yet.

Just tell me your streets and points are feature classes or shape files?

0 Kudos