Point services not showing in My Goverment Services 10.2

01-30-2015 01:12 PM
Labels (1)
ShawnyEkadis1
New Contributor II

We up graded our ArcGIS server to 10.2.2 so we had to upgrade our My Government Services app to the newest version. Since doing that none of our point services like Library, Fire Stations etc will show up in the map and the pods at the bottom are empty. All the data is coming from the same feature service and the polygon features query just fine. It seems like it might be related to the geometry service as I am also having problems with the locate button at the top of the app not working either.

We had a working app (version 10.1 and same services) on our website but now it's broken and since we upgraded our server we can't go back to the old version of the app. I have been working with Esri tech support for the last two weeks but we have not been able to resolve the issue so I could really use some ideas on where to look for problems. Thanks!

0 Kudos
14 Replies
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Shawny,

Can you post a URL to the application?  It would help to see what errors are being reported in the console.

0 Kudos
ShawnyEkadis1
New Contributor II
0 Kudos
danielmoore5
New Contributor II

It's not public yet.  We are still working on setting all of that up.  Sorry

0 Kudos
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Shawny,

According to FireBug, It looks like your URL is incorrect:

screen1.png

It appears you have the following:

http://gisweb.queencreek.org/qcgis/services/MapServices/QCGovtServices/MapServer/7

'rest' is missing in the URL.  You will want to change this to:

http://gisweb.queencreek.org/qcgis/rest/services/MapServices/QCGovtServices/MapServer/7

Be sure to check the other URLs to your REST services to make sure they are correct as well.

0 Kudos
ShawnyEkadis
New Contributor III

Oddly enough that is one of the layers that actually works!

I have since started over with a new test app and now am getting this error message which points back to the geometry service, I just don't know what it means.

{error: {code: InternalServerError,message:"Unable to connect to the remote server http://gisweb.queencreek.org/qcgis/rest/services/Utilities/Geometry/GeometryServer/buffer?f=json&unit=9093&unionResults=false&geodesic=true&geometries=%7B%22geometryType%22%3A%22esriGeometryPoint%22%2C%22geometries%22%3A%5B%7B%22x%22%3A%22-12427143.560249703%22%2C%22y%22%3A%223927827.406217205%22%2C%22spatialReference%22%3A%7B%22wkid%22%3A102100%2C%22latestWkid%22%3A3857%7D%7D%5D%7D&inSR=102100&distances=4&outSR=102100&bufferSR=4326"}}
0 Kudos
BrianO_keefe
Occasional Contributor III

It seems like this could be one of a couple issues...

Since it is saying it can't connect to a server... have you checked:

1. Your Proxy (if you're using one)
  2. Your WebAdaptor (did it get upgraded as well?) : DOCUMENTATION
  3. Your MXD (have you re-shared it as a service?)
    This assumes you did what we did. Collect almost all layers (except ones utilized by other web maps) into a single MXD and publish it as a service.
  4. Your IT Firewalls (We had all sorts of fun with the web guys restricting certain protocols, ports, etc.)

This is where I would start.

0 Kudos
danielmoore5
New Contributor II

Hey Shawny

How did you get this solved?  I noticed when I went to your link that it is working now.  Also if you'd like, you can zoom in further to the map by changing the zoom level to 15.

I'm having the same issue you did and all my urls are correct.

Thanks!

Daniel M

0 Kudos
BrianO_keefe

I feel like each solution should have it's own group.

We propped up the app and had no end of minor issues. After it was all said and done the problems we dealt with were laughable, but hindsight makes many things ridiculous. lol

http://maps.cityoftulsa.org/tulsacommunityservices

What problems are you having?

0 Kudos
BrianO_keefe

I can't access the REST service for Street Cleaning.

Are these shared publicly?

0 Kudos