Parks & Recreation Finder Zooming Issues

Jump to solution
09-25-2014 05:44 AM
EddBlaine
New Contributor III

I've been able to work everything out and have configured this app to work with our local data. The functionality in this Local Government Team app is, by far, the best of them all - good job folks.

Except...the app doesn't highlight and zoom to selected features when you query them, by either clicking on a feature or selecting a set of activities and clicking on one of the returned results at the bottom of the screen.Has anyone else run into this problem and found a fix? My application is located here . Any help is much appreciated

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Edd,

I believe the highlight/zoom is not occurring because your feature service is in a different coordinate system (wkid: 102658) than the basemap. Firebug's console is reporting the current error:

Map: Geometry (wkid: 102658) cannot be converted to spatial reference of the map (wkid: 102100)

Try the following:

1.  Open the MXD that you published as a feature service

2.  Set the data frame coordinate system to WGS 1984 Web Mercator (auxiliary sphere)

3.  Apply the necessary transformation

4.  Save the MXD

5.  Overwrite the service

The hightlight/zoom should then work.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JakeSkinner

Hi Edd,

I believe the highlight/zoom is not occurring because your feature service is in a different coordinate system (wkid: 102658) than the basemap. Firebug's console is reporting the current error:

Map: Geometry (wkid: 102658) cannot be converted to spatial reference of the map (wkid: 102100)

Try the following:

1.  Open the MXD that you published as a feature service

2.  Set the data frame coordinate system to WGS 1984 Web Mercator (auxiliary sphere)

3.  Apply the necessary transformation

4.  Save the MXD

5.  Overwrite the service

The hightlight/zoom should then work.

0 Kudos
EddBlaine
New Contributor III

Hey Jake,

Thanks for the quick response. I had just got on the phone with ESRI tech support when your email came in….he’s going to investigate the issue.

Anyway, I checked the MXD and found that it is in fact using Web Mercator, although the SDE data is in State Plane NAD 83. Have you ever run into a problem where the data actually had to be re-projected to work with an internet app?

Edd

0 Kudos
JakeSkinner

The service has a spatial reference of wkid 102658.  See the following REST url:

Layer: Park and Recreation Areas (ID: 0)

This will mean that the MXD is in this coordinate system.  If the MXD is in Web Mercator, you should overwrite this service by republishing the MXD.

0 Kudos
EddBlaine
New Contributor III

You nailed it Jake! I was mistaken before. The MXD was set to the State Plane system after all. Thanks!

Edd

0 Kudos