Select to view content in your preferred language

Parkfinder Configuration Help

02-13-2014 08:49 AM
Labels (1)
DavidStoddard
Emerging Contributor
I'm really having some trouble here. I can't even get this thing to work on a basic functional level. I download the zip and unzip it to a directory on my webserver, make an entry in IIS etc... the map comes up in the browser fine and shows the basemap. I change the extent to my area and changed the facilityLayer value to be my parkservice and try to run it and nothing, I get basemap but no park points come up on the map. This should be a very easy config and going by the help page that should be all I need to do to get basic functionality. What am I missing?
0 Kudos
5 Replies
LuciHawkins
Frequent Contributor
Hey,

What version did you download?  Is it Park Finder or Place Finder?  Does it have a config.txt or a config.js?

Thanks,

Luci
0 Kudos
DavidStoddard
Emerging Contributor
Park and Recreation Finder 10.2 form this link it has a config.js in a js folder.

And I'm using this to guide my config of it
Config Help
0 Kudos
LuciHawkins
Frequent Contributor
What basemap are you loading?  Is your FacilityLayer a "FeatureServer" or "MapServer" service?

Thanks,

Luci
0 Kudos
DavidStoddard
Emerging Contributor
I'm trying to troubleshoot my issue so I'm keeping the default http://services.arcgisonline.com/ArcGIS/rest/services/World_Topo_Map/MapServer basemap.

My Facility layer is a MapServer service
0 Kudos
LuciHawkins
Frequent Contributor
I had to enable "Feature Access" under "Capabilities of my map service, which then creates a "FeatureServer"  service to get the new version of Park Finder to work.  It would not use my "MapServer" service.

In the config.js file:

// Configure operational layers:
    //URL used for doing query task on the feature layer
    FacilityLayer: "http://yourserver/arcgis/rest/services/Parks/FeatureServer/0",  

Notice the line above is now asking for a "FeatureServer" service. 

Hope this helps,

Luci
0 Kudos