Parcel Fabric - Load a Topology to sde not working

Jump to solution
10-23-2014 09:44 AM
SarahPardikes
New Contributor II

Hello,

The Load a Topology to a Parcel Fabric is not competing when loading to a parcel fabric to sde.

I loaded my data into the staging database and validated the topology. I have been able to load the data from staging into the local government file geodatabase on my machine, but it hangs on the Processing Parcel step when I run the tool to load it to sde. 

The Parcel fabric on sde was generated using the local governemnt xml and Xray.

Executing: LoadTopologyToParcelFabric "Database Connections\developmentDbServer.SdeParcelFabricTest.MC.sde\Sde_ParcelFabricTest.MC.ParcelEditing\Sde_ParcelFabricTest.MC.ParcelFabric" C:\Projects\ParcelFabricTest\ParcelFabric\Pilot\MC_LocalGovernment_Staging_Pilot.gdb\Type1_Townships\Type1Parcels # # "0.1 Meters" JOINED_GROUP DEGREES_MINUTES_SECONDS QUADRANT_BEARING COMPUTE_AREA SQUARE_US_FEET "0.5 Meters" 6_1800

Start Time: Thu Oct 23 09:38:56 2014

Verifying input topology dataset...

Validating input dataset coordinate system...

Importing topology.

Loading topology lines...

Loading topology parcels...

Loading plan data...

Processing 1 Parcels.

I have let it run for days and it never gets past this point. 

I tried to load my sde gdb by exporting the populated LocalGovernment.gdb on my local machine to an XML Workspace Document and then load it to sde, but the export failed (due to the parcel fabric, it seems).

Has anyone had this issue or know what I am doing wrong?  Thanks

I have 10.2.2 installed as well as the ParcelFabric patch.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SarahPardikes
New Contributor II

Thanks for your reply.  I have still not been able to load data into my information model on sde.  Please see the responses to your suggestions below:

1) I had difficulty with getting XML option to work. I recommend creating and loading Parcel Fabric in a file geodatabase then copy pasting over into SDE through ArcCatalog

- I am not able to paste into sde in catalog.  The option is grayed out.  Have you done this successfully?

2) If you have greater than 80,000 or so parcels it is recommended to load them in batches.

-The example above is only trying to load 1 parcel (a Township, parcel type 1) using the "Load a Topology to a Parcel Fabric" tool. I could just use the load data function, but the tool populates relationship classes.

-I am running a pilot study with a small subset of data - 1 township, 36 sections, 144 quarter sections, 1 subdivision, 1,140 parcels.  Additional data (roads, railroads, contours, etc. after the initial load).

3) Make sure you run Planarize Lines on your parcels before you attempt to load them into the fabric

-I did not run planarize, but did fix all staging gdb topology errors. Is planarize required?  The data loads into an information model on my local computer without planarizing.

4) Try loading your parcels into a simple empty fabric (instead of a local government fabric) and see if you still have same issue.

-Loading the parcels (type 1, 2, 3, 5, & 7) has been successful on my local computer in both the basic fabric and the local government fabric.

-The sde version is a Standard Fabric Schema.

The sde database was version 10.2, so I upgraded it to 10.2.2, but it still will not load the data.  Below (attached) is an image of the information model schema I have loaded to SDE.  I have removed the datasets and feature classes I will not be using.  Did I inadvertently remove a table/feature class that is required?

Any other ideas for why I am unable to load data into the model?

Thanks.

ParcelFabric_Sde_CatalogTree.png

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ConorBarber
New Contributor II

A few suggestions:

1) I had difficulty with getting XML option to work. I recommend creating and loading Parcel Fabric in a file geodatabase then copy pasting over into SDE through ArcCatalog

2) If you have greater than 80,000 or so parcels it is recommended to load them in batches.

3) Make sure you run Planarize Lines on your parcels before you attempt to load them into the fabric

4) Try loading your parcels into a simple empty fabric (instead of a local government fabric) and see if you still have same issue.

0 Kudos
SarahPardikes
New Contributor II

Thanks for your reply.  I have still not been able to load data into my information model on sde.  Please see the responses to your suggestions below:

- I am not able to paste into sde in catalog.  The option is grayed out.  Have you done this successfully?

-The example above is only trying to load 1 parcel (a Township, parcel type 1) using the "Load a Topology to a Parcel Fabric" tool. I could just use the load data function, but the tool populates relationship classes.

-I am running a pilot study with a small subset of data - 1 township, 36 sections, 144 quarter sections, 1 subdivision, 1,140 parcels.  Additional data (roads, railroads, contours, etc. after the initial load).

-I did not run planarize, but did fix all staging gdb topology errors. Is planarize required?  The data loads into an information model on my local computer without planarizing.

-Loading the parcels (type 1, 2, 3, 5, & 7) has been successful on my local computer in both the basic fabric and the local government fabric.

-The sde version is a Standard Fabric Schema.

The sde database was version 10.2, so I upgraded it to 10.2.2, but it still will not load the data.  Below (attached) is an image of the information model schema I have loaded to SDE.  I have removed the datasets and feature classes I will not be using.  Did I inadvertently remove a table/feature class that is required?

Any other ideas for why I am unable to load data into the model?

Thanks.

ParcelFabric_Sde_CatalogTree.png

0 Kudos
ConorBarber
New Contributor II

Regarding #3, it is undocumented but I was unable to get my parcels to properly load until I ran that tool and then ran the topology to fix errors again.

I did not try setting parcel types beforehand for mine, thus all of mine defaulted to type 1. Try loading all as type 1 (if possible). If this works then you can change the type after the fact via a backend SQL query.

0 Kudos
SarahPardikes
New Contributor II

Your original suggestion of copy and past has worked.  I was trying to copy at the top level  (copy the .gdb) and needed to copy all the tables and datasets.  Once I did that, the paste in SDE became enabled.

Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos