Missing Plans in 10.1

08-14-2012 04:23 PM
MayaDaurio
New Contributor II
We are planning on switching from 10.0 to 10.1 shortly, and I have been checking out our parcel fabric in 10.1 before we make the commitment. I noticed that all of the plans I created in 10.0 are no longer there in 10.1. Has anyone else experienced this? Does anybody know why this might be and how I might be able to retrieve that information in 10.1?

Thank you,
Maya
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
TimHodson
Esri Contributor
Hi Maya,

There are no known reasons for this to to occur. Would you please provide more information on your steps? For example, did you first upgrade the 10.0 fabric to 10.1 fabric from the General property page for the fabric properties, or are you working on the same 10.0 fabric?

When you are looking for the plans, are you opening the Plans table directly, (for example by dragging and dropping it from the catalog window, and then clicking open from the table of contents), or are you using the Plan Directory, via the Parcel Editor toolbar: Parcel Editor-> Plan Directory?

Did you notice the missing plans immediately, or did you edit and save edits on the fabric before you noticed the missing plans?

Did you do any new data migration from source data into your fabric after you started using 10.1?

Thanks,
Tim (Parcel editing team)
0 Kudos
MayaDaurio
New Contributor II
I just started working on the 10.0 fabric in 10.1, rather than upgrading from the General Property page.

I have only ever opened the Plan Directory from the Parcel Editor toolbar.

I noticed the missing plans after having saved multiple edits but none of which included interfacing with the Plan Directory. I noticed the Plan Directory was empty after opening it from the Parcel Editor toolbar in order to make edits within a specific Plan.

I did not migrate any data into the fabric in 10.1.

Thanks for any information you're able to provide.

Maya
0 Kudos
TimHodson
Esri Contributor
Maya, we'll need to figure out if the plans are missing from the plans table, or if there is an unintended filter applied on the Plans Directory that is hiding them. Please try the following; zoom into a map extent so that there are parcels that are contained within 10 to 20 plans, and then set the Plan Directory filter List to "Current map extent" to show only those plans that contain the visible parcels:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]16982[/ATTACH]

Are there any plans listed in the Plans Directory?

Next thing to try; starting from an empty map document, open the catalog window, browse to your fabric's plan table and drag it onto the map (expanding a fabric node to see its tables is available in 10.1):
[ATTACH=CONFIG]16983[/ATTACH]

Then, in the map's table of contents, right-click the plans table, and click Open:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]16984[/ATTACH]

Does the table contain Plan records?

Thanks,
-Tim
0 Kudos
MayaDaurio
New Contributor II
Seems this was a case of me not paying enough attention. Your first solution did the trick. I just didn't have the filter setting to reflect all of the plans. They are all there.

Thanks for your time.

Maya
0 Kudos
MayaDaurio
New Contributor II
Hi Tim,

As a follow-up, is there any advantage in upgrading the parcel fabric to 10.1 in a particular way? I noticed that when I brought the fabric into an empty map that not all of the layer files retain their attributes or calculated type domain.  Therefore, I prefer just to start using the Tax Parcel Editing Map I have already configured in 10.1. Is there any reason I shouldn't do it this way?

Thanks again,
Maya
0 Kudos
TimHodson
Esri Contributor
Maya,

If I understand your question correctly, you had started with 10.0 installed, had a 10.0 tax parcel editing map document pointing to the 10.0 version of the fabric. You've installed 10.1, upgraded the 10.0 fabric to a 10.1 fabric, and re-opened the same 10.0 map document?

If true there is no problem in doing this, note that when you save changes in 10.1 the map document will be a 10.1 map document.
Note, though that there is also a new 10.1 version of the tax parcel editing map on the local governement resource center.

At 10.1 Final, when you add the local-government-information-model (LGIM) fabric, to a new empty map document, you see the basic/default view of the fabric, without the special authoring for tailored cartography. At release 10.1 sp1 this default view of the LGIM will be much enhanced.

Please respond if I have not understood your question correctly.

Thanks,
-Tim
0 Kudos
MayaDaurio
New Contributor II
Nope, that's great. Thanks for the clarification.
0 Kudos