Maps & Apps Gallery fails to load tiles

Jump to solution
03-21-2013 11:01 AM
Labels (1)
ScottTometich
New Contributor III
One of the latest enhancements to AGOL has been to allow customers to create content that links to documents such as PDF, TIF, etc. Awesome, but adding this content to our organizational account and tagging it for use in the Maps & Apps Gallery seems to cause the Maps & Apps Gallery to fail to load tiles. I assume there is something simple in the code that needs tweaked to handle this content type, but not sure where to start. Any assistance would be appreciated!
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PaulGrimes
New Contributor III
Scott,

I had the same problem, the issue in my case was no Thumbnail (or at least I only had the default), to get it to work -  on arcgis.com edit and load an appropriate thumbnail(image) for the service/app/etc. then  save and you should be good to go.  
A good way to test or debug as you go is to use firebug add-on in firefox you will see the error then.

Hope this helps!

Paulg

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
PaulGrimes
New Contributor III
Scott,

I had the same problem, the issue in my case was no Thumbnail (or at least I only had the default), to get it to work -  on arcgis.com edit and load an appropriate thumbnail(image) for the service/app/etc. then  save and you should be good to go.  
A good way to test or debug as you go is to use firebug add-on in firefox you will see the error then.

Hope this helps!

Paulg
0 Kudos
ScottTometich
New Contributor III
Thank you, Paulg!  Adding a thumbnail to the content profile worked perfectly!  I can now store links to PDFs as document links instead of as a Web Mapping Application and my Map & App Gallery works beautifully!

Thanks again!
0 Kudos
LindsayThomas
Esri Contributor
Thanks for reporting this issue. We will get this fixed in the coming release.

Cheers,
Lindsay
0 Kudos
PaulGrimes
New Contributor III
You welcome Scott

My Gallery works great also in all browsers except for firefox - in firefox the 'Most Recent' items on the carousel - the click event wont work when you click the large image .....  Is this the same for yours, I reported it in another thread by there's been no feedback.

Cheers

Paulg
0 Kudos
ScottTometich
New Contributor III
"My Gallery works great also in all browsers except for firefox - in firefox the 'Most Recent' items on the carousel - the click event wont work when you click the large image ..... Is this the same for yours, I reported it in another thread by there's been no feedback."

Paul-
I couldn't speak to this as I did not implement the entire site.  I stripped my site down to just the gallery tab to keep things simple.

Thanks again for the assist.

Cheers,
Scott
0 Kudos
MikeTschudi
Occasional Contributor
Please see the technical article Error:  Maps and Apps Gallery 10.1.1 does not display its gallery for more information about the missing tiles.

In short, Maps and Apps Gallery 10.1.1 does not display its gallery if a gallery item does not have an icon, and the new ArcGIS Online content items are not created with any icon.
0 Kudos