map overlapping routes

09-08-2017 12:24 PM
Labels (1)
BrandonAdcock1
New Contributor II

Okay, everyone! Trying to visualize something and I don't even know where to get started. Probably an easy thing once you know how to do it. 

I have a bunch of points.  These points were visited by a technician in a certain order.  Different points were visited on different days and sometimes the same point was visited multiple days.  The routes are currently identified in a flowchart diagram something like this:

Route 1

A --> B --> C

Route 2

A--> D-->E

Route 3

F --> B-->E

I also have a feature class that has the location of each point.

I'm looking for the best way to tell ArcMap the order of each of these routes so I can map them without having to manually draw in a line between each point for each route.  They don't have to be tied to a network or anything, just looking for more of a spider web type of map so that we can see where things overlap and maybe see how many times routes went to a specific waypoint, etc.  I'm thinking of maybe, some way to represent them in a table, then ArcMap or ArgGIS Pro can connect the dots and create the lines for the route?

Thanks in advance for any sort of assistance with this.  Like I said, I just don't know where to get started with this.

Brandon

0 Kudos
0 Replies