Load a Topology to a Parcel Fabric results in empty polygons

02-07-2014 10:17 AM
Labels (1)
ConorBarber1
New Contributor II
I have an existing parcel fabric with data. I would like to load more data from a polygon feature class. I create lines and a topology with the necessary rules. I run the Load a Topology to a Parcel Fabric geoprocessing tool, which succeeds. The polygon records are imported into the parcel fabric, with the name field being populated in this fashion: NameOfFeatureClass_PolygonOID.

The records have shape lengths and shape areas of 0, however. Thus, the records exist in the parcel fabric table but there is no shape for the records. Is this a bug with the Load a Topology to the Parcel Fabric geoprocessing tool?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
ChrisBuscaglia
Esri Contributor
I have an existing parcel fabric with data. I would like to load more data from a polygon feature class. I create lines and a topology with the necessary rules. I run the Load a Topology to a Parcel Fabric geoprocessing tool, which succeeds. The polygon records are imported into the parcel fabric, with the name field being populated in this fashion: NameOfFeatureClass_PolygonOID.

The records have shape lengths and shape areas of 0, however. Thus, the records exist in the parcel fabric table but there is no shape for the records. Is this a bug with the Load a Topology to the Parcel Fabric geoprocessing tool?

Conorbarber,

I'd like to be able to understand what the issue could be, it could be a few things.  For this question, please seek tech support's help on this one...they'll be able to diagnose very quickly.

If you could please open a support ticket http://support.esri.com/en/webform it would help us expedite the resolution and in the case that it is a more serious bug, we can get it fixed.

Chris Buscaglia
Local Government Solutions
0 Kudos