Isolated Polygons Result in Line Sequencing Error in Topology to Parcel Fabric

07-30-2018 01:02 PM
Labels (1)
JMitchell
New Contributor III

Hi, I am trying to prepare my City's old parcel polygon layer for migration into a parcel fabric. When using the 'Load a Topology to a Parcel Fabric' tool all the parcels come across except for the ones that are 'isolated' (ie. they consist of a single line that opens and closes itself.)

Each of these single line polygons return as a 'Line Sequencing Error' and do not mirgrate from the topology to the parcel fabric. 

I had previously run through the topology validation rules and fixed any errors that came up. 

Are single-line polygons not valid?  I did a test where I took one of the isolated parcels and split a tiny sliver off the corner to make a second polygon that shared a border with it and doing that allowed the isolated polygon to make it into the parcel fabric.

My question is how would I go about getting these 'isolated' parcels into the parcel fabric?

-------------

As can be seen in the attached image, the single isolated polygon(s) [purple] do not make it into the parcel fabric [yellow], but a group of two or more isolated polygons that share a border make it in no problem.  Is there some kind of rule within the tool that requires a polygon to have at least one shared border to be considered for the parcel fabric?

Thanks for any help on this matter,

Jared Mitchell

0 Kudos
2 Replies
SelaGordon
New Contributor

Hey I'm having the same issue. Did you figure this out? 

0 Kudos
DavidBollinger
New Contributor III

I had this problem too, and believe I have a solution.

But first, I assume you've already checked that the help docs don't apply:

Step 4: Load a topology to a parcel fabric—Help | ArcGIS Desktop 

That is, you don't have any true undershoots do you?  You have valid polygons and lines, correct?

If so, then this FAQ may offer the needed clue (wrt same start/end vertex):

FAQ: What are possible reasons for line sequencing errors when converting a topology to parcel fabri... 

So check those isolated polygons - are they covered by a SINGLE closed-loop line?  (OP said theirs was)  If so, then THAT is what the cryptic "line sequencing" error message is actually complaining about.

To test, simply split that line at any non-end vertex so that the boundary is now composed of two line segments, then try loading again.

0 Kudos